Birthdays

by sacrebleu 9 Replies latest jw friends

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

Have any of you noticed how birthdays make you feel? Mine is ignored by my JW sister but when she turned 60 she called me the day before, the day and the day after wanting some kind of recognition.

Why should I acknowledge hers when she ignores mine. It does feel lonesome when the day comes and goes without a call or anything from the JW relatives.

I should be thankful that my hubby and children are not and have never been mixed up in that junk, but my sister is older than me and when I was born and she was so happy to have a little sister. Now... nothing...

sacrebleu

• changeling
    changeling

My husband and I quietly celerbated our Bdays this year for the first time in our married life. For me it was a first ever. It was very special.

changeling

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

I was in for 16 years and did celebrate. I've been out for 21 years and I STILL have to stop to figure out how old I am on my birthday!

sacrebleu

• Connaughty
    Connaughty

Oh for Pierre's(Petes..french translation) sake, Sacrebleu.

Give your sister a break, and acknowledge her acheiving 60 years. Remind her that when you make 60 you want her recognition as well.

As Dr Phill says...be a hero.

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

Too late. That was 4 years ago. lol My attitude is if you're going to be a JW, then deal with it.

sacrebleu

• Connaughty
    Connaughty

Well then number 65 is just around the corner. You could send her a gag card or something humourous.

I sure that your sister is dealing with it, but I sure that after living that long she must have a sense of humour.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Sacrebleu,

I'd say go overboard for her 65th. Have fun with it. Deliver a cake and an Eastern Onion singing telegram!

Tell her "this is sisterly love IN ACTION, honey!"

(Let her sort out her JW conscience .... later)

• BrentR
    BrentR

Don't feel bad, mine was ignored here on JWD also. But that's OK, I will just go have a bear by myself.

• Connaughty
    Connaughty

Hey, I'm sorry to hear that Brent. I won't forget you when you turn 60 though. That is truly an acheivment.

• Younglove1999
    Younglove1999

Growing up a JW, my parents thankfully acknowledged my birthday every year with a little "hey, this time X years ago you were born!" my dad especially got excited over it-

I remember when I studied with a co-worker trying to explain to her why birthdays were bad and how she could still give a gift to her kid on a different day, but not their birthday- I didn't get very far- I seriously couldn't give a legitimate argument. Conducting a bible study actually cemented the fact that this JW stuff was BS-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit