I like worldly people

by jc1985 7 Replies latest jw friends

• jc1985
    jc1985

Sorry, messed up last post. Anyways, ive posted once on this forum and it confirmed my suspicion that worldly people are more encouraging to talk to then witnesses, so thanks. Also im curious (how the hell do you spell that?), whether im the youngest on this forum? Im 21 by the way. I have a few hours to think of an excuse to skip the meeting, any ideas?

• new boy
    new boy

Welcome JC 1985

Well when I was at Bethel and wanted to skip a meeting. I would tell my elder I was going to a friend's hall for the meeting.....that is the sad thing....you have to lie to live in their world.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Wow, I thought I was going to be destroyed in the new system-and now someone says they like us. Maybe it is better on the outside. Freedom really IS sweet.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic
    I would tell my elder I was going to a friend's hall for the meeting.....that is the sad thing....you have to lie to live in their world.

Yeah...just say you are going to a different hall. That worked for me several times. Or about 30 minutes before the meetings get a terrible stomachache and say you need to be near a bathroom where you can be "comfortable". Don't say you have a headache or generally "don't feel well" because then people want to stay and take care of you.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I don't think you're THE youngest, but are definitely close to it. Welcome to the board! May your fade progress well!

• new boy
    new boy

I find the sick thing doesn't work that well, because after the meeting is over....you have got to stay home because your sick....unless there is a divine healing.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Welcome jc1985.

Just curious, why do you need an excuse? You're not a child anymore. 21 is considered an Adult.

• Mincan
    Mincan

I'm younger than you haha! but I did spend my first birthday in a psych ward....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit