My happy JW parents

by joelbear 6 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear
    joelbear

My mom and dad have been married 57 years as of October 14th. I called a couple of days after and asked them if they had done anything special. My dad said, yeah, we didn't talk to each other all day.

My parents are so totally fked up. He is an elder, she was a pioneer. Mind boggling how sad a life they have had and with no real problems to face, all the kids healthy, never homeless, nobody in prison or addicted to drugs. No reason not to be happy, just unhappy.

They don't love each other. Sheesh.

They are as dedicated a couple of witnesses as you will see. Where the heck are the happy witnesses?

Joel

• LDH
    LDH

Joel, they probably didn't say anything to each other all day because they have no original thoughts. You think I'm kidding but I'm not. After so many years of being married and being in, the only thing there is to talk about is Cultlife.

Between meetings, preparation for meetings, service, reading the pubs, what else is there to talk about?

When my parents come to visit I always invite other couples for dinner. It's amazing to see two brilliant people have nothing to say other than banal generalities. They are actually a little paranoid and have tried to come up with excuses not to interact with our friends.

The last time they came to visit, my mother told me flat out, "If you invite other people for dinner I'm not coming." Since I don't accept emotional blackmail I told her, "Since this is my house, I'll invite who I please. But you are free to not join us."

She stayed in her hotel room three nights out of seven.

It's sad Joel, they having nothing to talk about.

Lisa

• Richie
    Richie

Joel, your parents enjoy a sedentary kind of life, nonetheless a "faithful" kind of life. I am sure they have talked about the many experiences in fieldservice over and over again, the comments of the brothers in the KH, what the Watchtower said on this and that matter, where it once said that right is wrong, but now wrong is right but now again square, yet all in the name of "progress and that the light is getting brighter and brighter" (or shall we say "more confusing?").
    Your parents must feel that they are blessed by Jehovah so they do not want to complain too much and certainly they would not even think of doing their own research, except if it comes directly out of the mouth from the Society... How long can you talk about fieldservice, comments about the brothers, Watchtower articles and how many hours of service one has accumulated; perhaps even rounding it off to whole hours instead of counting the quarter and half-hours of time spent in the ministry.... So Joel, when you speak to them, they know and think they have nothing to say because you're in the world and you have nothing to talk about simply because you're not in the truth...
    And on and on it goes, a life of sterile redundancy and hoping each day that the end would come soon...maybe, maybe they might start doubting...., but noooo not really they cannot doubt, otherwise the Society is going to cut them off and they would be left alone not being loved forever anymore....woooow may that never happen!!! So, they are content and continue to believe and do not talk to each other because they have said everything already that has been said....
    What a tragic life, a pattern not to be proud of!!
    Joel, don't get me wrong my friend, I am sure your parents are wonderful people, but the fact is that they have been snatched away by the bodysnatchers...you cannot blame them really!

Take care my friend..,

:*) Richie

You are the music as long as the music last...............

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Which raises an interesting question. If JWs have nothing to talk about in this System where they have the invigorating meetings and field service and Sister Smith's new haircut as potential conversation subjects, what will they have to discuss in the New System? For eternity, even?

Just boggles the mind sometimes.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Redhorsewoman

Imagine, an eternity of banality. Geeze, i used to look forward to that. Carefully taught to have no original idea. Not having one independant thought was the ideal. Anyone who has one is instantly snuffed under gods king dumb. Their god really wants robots.

• joelbear
    joelbear

Papa New Systemer: Hi Honey I'm home.

Mama New Systemer: Hi Dear, how was your day?

P: Oh, about the same as it has been for the past 14 Billion years are so. Ernie was late for work again.

M: Oh that Ernie.

P: What's for dinner?

M: Soy loaf, but I'm using that recipe that Sue gave me about 55,000 years ago, its time for a change again.

P: Great!!!

• celebrate
    celebrate

My aunt and uncle were JW'S. At one time I absolutely adored my uncle and could not wait to see him. However, at some point, everything that was said had to be answered with some JW information. Eventually, we stopped talking. The last time I saw him alive, we were doing thedishes. We spent 2 hours together and did not exchange any words other than things elated to the work we were doing. I simply could not talk to him. My aunt is stil alive, and we have much the same thing. We can talk about pleasantries, but nothing serious, certainly no world events or exchanges of thoughts or ideas. The Watchtower has some very quick answer for everything! This is very sad. To have such great intelligence and not be allowed to use it.

celebrate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit