My son's bus drive crashed the bus supposedly...YIKES!!!

by FreedomFrog 2 Replies latest jw friends

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

My son normally is in from school around 3:50. It hits 4pm and I'm starting to get concerned, then 4:10 all the way up to 4:20. I'm calling the school and can get through. I'm calling ex and can't get through...now I'm starting to imagine the worse, someone kidnapping him, he missed his bus and sitting at the school all alone...and so on.

Finally here comes bus 128 which is not his bus and I'm starting to really get concerned because thinking...oh no, his bus has been here and gone and I didn't even see it. As I'm watching kids get off I don't see my son...I'm starting to really freak out. Then at the last minute as the bus pulls away I see this short blonde hair kid...phew, it's my son.

I asked him what happened to cause the bus to be so late and then I get the news that his bus driver had crashed the bus and is in the hospital. Of course I'm going to call the school up and confirm this but YIKES!!! What if she had crashed with all the kids on the bus? If she's hurt then chances are other kids would have been hurt or even killed if they were on the bus with her. Ugh! Anyway, I'm going to call to make sure the information is correct because he is only 9 and he could have misunderstood what had happened. Still, I want to know why they were so late and didn't call me. Why when I called them no one answered the phones...and I'm going to ask for a second number so if this happens again I can call and find out what is happening.

This school did this once before but I was home schooling him and so I wasn't the worried parent. The only thing that last time this happened, buses were 2 hours late getting home and there were parents wondering all over the neighborhood trying to figure out what to do...no one called any of those parents and parents were lining up at the schools to get answers.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

The same thing happened to me when my kids were younger. Most bus drivers do not have thier office contact to school to let them know what happened and have them notify the parents. I think this policy is ridiculous as parents will naturally be concerned about where their children are, especially in this day and age.

If you find out the school did know there was an accident and they did not call you, I hope you give them HELL about it. But in any case, I am very glad your son is o.k. Lilly

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    If you find out the school did know there was an accident and they did not call you, I hope you give them HELL about it.

Believe me, they will get an earful if I do find out they knew. They will also have to explain to me why I couldn't get a hold of ANYONE right after schools let out. And I am going to make sure they are in contact with me better...that is after I find out whether this happened or not.

I'm also going to find out if it was her fault (if the accident happened). If it was her fault and she's still the bus driver, I'm not sure how I feel about this. What if she was careless with a bunch of kids....though these questions are a bit premature as I haven't confirmed it yet but these questions are also popping up in my head.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit