F&DS - to copy/paste food at the proper time....

by Metamorphosis 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

in another thread there was quotes from two articles:

Organized to Accomplish Our Ministry (1983) p. 151, par. 1
    Concerning those who renounced their Christian faith in his day, the apostle John wrote: “They went out from us, but they were not of our sort; for if they had been of our sort, they would have remained with us.” (1 John 2:19) Also, a person might renounce his place in the Christian congregation by his actions, such as by becoming part of a secular organization the objective of which is contrary to the Bible and, hence, is under judgment by Jehovah God. (Compare Revelation 19:17-21; Isaiah 2:4) So if a person who is a Christian chooses to join those who are disapproved by God, it would be fitting for the congregation to acknowledge by a brief announcement that he has disassociated himself and is no longer one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Such a person would be viewed in the same way as a disfellowshipped person.
    Organized to Do Jehovah's Will (2005) p. 155, par. 2
    Concerning those who renounced their Christian faith in his day, the apostle John wrote: “They went out from us, but they were not of our sort; for if they had been of our sort, they would have remained with us.” (1 John 2:19) For example, a person might renounce his place in the Christian congregation by his actions, such as by becoming part of a secular organization that has objectives contrary to the Bible and, hence, is under judgment by Jehovah God. (Isa. 2:4; Rev. 19:17-21) If a person who is a Christian chooses to join those who are disapproved by God, a brief announcement is made to the congregation, stating: “[Name of person] is no longer one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.” Such a person is treated in the same way as a disfellowshipped person. The presiding overseer should approve this announcement.

Anyone else find it absolutely freaking hilarious how much re-hash comes out in the publications. The quotes above are almost word for word. I've found that a good majority of info that they produce now is just a rewrite or copy/paste almost of a previous article sometime in the years past. there is very little original writing that takes place even though they manage to shove new books and magazines out the door every month.

Morph

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    there is very little original writing that takes place even though they manage to shove new books and magazines out the door every month.

That's because they have nothing new to write about. By all accounts, the end should have come by now. The people in charge are a bunch of yes-men that were promoted based on their unwavering loyalty to the society and not on their intellectual prowess. They will continue on in this mode until they somehow decide on which direction they're going to take their religion in the future, i.e. whether they will take steps to reinvent their end-times prophecy (they probably lack the brains and the leadership for that) or get out of that game completely and go in a more mainstream direction.

• R.F.
    R.F.

I've noticed that in the past when reading the articles. I'd be sitting there reading and think...."didn't I read that somewhere already?"

It's all the same refrigerated and microwaved food from the "unfaithful and unwise discreet slave".

R.F.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have been noticing that all the books follow the same scaffold. The study books all follow the theme of paradise lost, our present condition, and the events supposedly to lead into and follow Armageddon. Along the way, they include some bullsxxx about ancient examples that mean nothing to us now. Some make some mention to the teachings of Jesus, and then they do what Jesus condemned.

The magazines are also recycled cat sxxx. I have seen too many articles about music, pioneering, giving up that high paying job or entertainment to make room for field circus, displaying fake versions of the fruitages of the spirit, the Internet, anything that could possibly lead to fornication, and the like. They are all the same. And I have seen just about every list of things that is in the Bible expounded on Watchtower style. Nothing new or accurate (anyone else remember the Watchtower Society making the deal that the antonym of "mildness" is cowardice, meaning that anyone that does not go out all the time in field circus or that is afraid of that No Trespassing or Beware Of the Dog sign or government persecution is not mild?). The literature is all the same. I have seen it for the past 20 years, and I have seen issues of the Puketower and Asleep from the 1980s and reprints of the 1970s. Nothing has changed.

The a$$emblies are also the same. Once you read one book, you already know what is going to be presented. I would go hoping just once that they would have more specific instructions only to hear the same old crap. I have noticed that, when a real event gets closer, the directions get more specific (college graduation is a key example. As it gets closer, you get more details on the venues, how to order what you are going to need, and what to expect.) I never noticed this with Armageddon--it is the same, avoiding outside sources and keep going to the meetings, as always. And, keep going because you never know if the next one is going to be the All Important Instruction meeting.

• James Free
    James Free

"I've found that a good majority of info that they produce now is just a rewrite or copy/paste almost of a previous article sometime in the years past."

There is a lot of repetition. The example you used was not a good one, however. The newer book is an updated version of the other, and not intended to be more than that.

• avengers
    avengers
    Also, a person might renounce his place in the Christian congregation by his actions, such as by becoming part of a secular organization the objective of which is contrary to the Bible and, hence, is under judgment by Jehovah God. (Compare Revelation 19:17-21; Isaiah 2:4) So if a person who is a Christian chooses to join those who are disapproved by God, it would be fitting for the congregation to acknowledge by a brief announcement that he has disassociated himself and is no longer one of Jehovah’s Witnesses

Strange!

Didn't the WT become part of the UN by affiliating with her? Isn't the UN a secular org?

That would men that the WT org is no longer JW? Weird people.

It's this kind of reasoning that would want you to take meds. Meds are the only way to survive this kind of BS.

Nothing has changed.

Andy

• fresia
    fresia

yes well it was 22 yrs in between time, and a whole lot of new ones have been bought up in the org and others that have come in for the world. Also reminders to those within, in case it is said from the platform, the reminders as tendancy to forget. It is almost word for word as nothing has changed since.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Maybe they are trying to keep freddy alive

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis
    There is a lot of repetition. The example you used was not a good one, however. The newer book is an updated version of the other, and not intended to be more than that.

you are correct - that is not the best example - what made me start a post on it however was the day before i saw this quote on this forum i was researching something on the WT CD and noticed multiple WT articles doing the same thing ... this quote reminded me of it the next day and was the easiest thing to grab.

if you do a search on a certain phrase on the CD you'll usually come up w/ multiple WT articles that are almost word for word a few years apart. i doubt any of the mainstream magazines could get away with just re-printing articles over and over with a few minor word changes....

Morph

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit