Is there a big announcement in the October WT or Awake?

by zenpunk 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

Apparently my mother in law decided to stop tivo-ing her episodes of Coronation Street because of something she read in the magazine, but would not share with her apostate son and his wife. Any ideas what it could be? She said it was big news that changed her thinking on a lot of things, including the fact that she would not give us a ride down to London to visit her other son, who happens to be gay and proud. In the past she was a lot more compromising.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Nothing I can think of.

Same ol' same ol'.

Probably just a matter of her being more susceptible to the programming for some reason right now.

Not a WT goes by without at least banging the guilt & fear drums 20 or 30 times.

Open Mind

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

Thanks, just figured I'd check, just a matter of time before I'm on the outs as well if she's started some personal crusade. But no biggie, my blood-related JW family disowned me almost a decade ago.

• fresia
    fresia

The society has always discouraged veiwing of soap opera's, suprised CSit is still showing in America??

There has been no new oppinions or rules, or light other than the Sep KM about education and reading. Also the new point about the generation which is yet to be announced but have heard a change to the annointed.

• beginnersmind
    beginnersmind

Regarding soaps it was talked about again in a recent mag because I remember reading it. Cant remember exactly where though. Not sure that would alter her thinking on lots of other things though. I will have to search it out again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit