CAN YOU BELIEVE I PEOPLE ACTUALLY HAVE THIER OWN OPINIONS

by FadingELD 5 Replies latest jw friends

• FadingELD
    FadingELD

Although I have only been affiliated with this site for a couple of weeks now there are a few things I have noticed. I think it is great that so many of you have your own opinions and think for yourselves. I have recieved alot of great advice and not all of it has been the same. for so may years we were alll taught to follow the org and thier teachiings that we never were given the chance to be free thinkers. How refreshing it is even though I have never met any of you to be associated with people who can actually think for themselves. I have owned my own company for several years and was able to have my opinions on how to run my company, but to be able to do it with your life is unbelievable. Free at last free at last thank _______I'm free at last.

FadingELD

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Feels good, doesn't it!! I know there are great losses when you get out of the BORg, but, personal freedom is one of the best things to experience in life I think (My opinion!!)

• emy the infidel
    emy the infidel

That's great fadingelder. You have much to look forward too, b/c it keeps getting better.

I know how you fee even though I've been gone a long time. When I faded it was with the intent of going back eventually. Finally the point had come when I knew all things WT needed to be examined and a decision had to be made. It was a bit scary at first to read and consider people who I knew the WTS didn't approve of. Thankfully the rational part of my brain had gotten stronger and kept overruling the "thought blocking" instilled so long ago.

Hopefully many more will do the same.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I enjoy the stimulating diversity on this board.

Inside the organization, independent thought was preached against as evil, selfish. Really though isn't the function of our brain to think, and not just follow? And really, what other kind of thought is there other than "independent"? The answer: dependent thought, the kind that follows someone else.

• erynw
    erynw

The fact that all of you answered with the same reply proves that you don't all have your own opinions. You're still a bunch of sheep.

Just kidding! My morphine kicked in and I'm feeling ornery!

• sf
    sf

CAN YOU BELIEVE I PEOPLE ACTUALLY HAVE THIER OWN OPINIONS

No. And that's a FACT.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit