California fires - Armageddon

by oppgirl63 3 Replies latest jw friends

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

This was on MSNBC...I wonder if he is a JW

'Oh my God! It's Armageddon'

I work evenings till 1 AM and I usually sleep till around 3 PM when I get home. At 1 o'clock on Sunday afternoon I was woken up and the sky was clear. I decided to stay in bed and get a little more sleep. Two hours later I woke up, but not from my alarm at first. My window was open, and I must have smelled the smoke first before I looked at the alarm clock. Not realizing what was in the air, I looked outside and saw the sky torched red with the sun looking like it was going to supernova. I thought, "Oh my God! It's Armageddon!" and almost panicked at the sight! --Thomas Joyner Jr., Moorpark, CA (submitted on Oct. 24, 2007)
  • Gopher
    Gopher

There's a Bible meaning ("end of the world") and a second definition -- a decisive conflict.

Whichever the author had in mind, being confronted by voracious flames had to be scary !!

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

A short time after I got married we moved to California....just in time for an earthquake... It was about 6: am....and it woke me and my first thought was that Armageddon had started! I was only 18...still remember that feeling...

Coffee

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

The FBI is investigating two men for arson in connection with the fires. Nothing end times about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit