reason for leaving

by winnie 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• winnie
    winnie

Hello

we did not swallow the new light theory at all but it did get me thinking. Lets presume jws are right and they claim to be inspired by god what does that say about god?Is it just a game for him they must be having a ball in heaven changing the rules halfway through a game even if jws were right i would not want to be part of a god that does that.I was raised a jw and to be honest i enjoyed it for me it was a great way of life but there comes a time when in good faith you can not justify to yourself that it is the truth never held any hatred for jws until i left and then i saw them in a different light They by they i mean my family have put all there energy into applying there love towards me by shunning me my wife and there 5 grandchildren as ive said if god is dirrecting them then i dont want anything to do with there god

This new light will have little or no effect on jws all thats left is rank and file who if by now havnt left never will and new converts who have no idea what used to preach

Just out of interest have many sort out other religions if so how did they find it ? how did there jw side of brain cope?

If the wtbts only realised that ther shunning policy is doing them more harm then good it serves no purpose only encourages people to develop friction between each other.My parents would rather speak to a drug addicted childmolester wifebasher then me if that person showed interest in there religion I sometimes wonder if it is ther religion that has made them that way or if thats the way they are

Thankyou

• Gopher
    Gopher

The God of the Bible showed frequent mood swings. Once he got angry at a little false worship, and so told Moses he'd kill off everybody else and start a whole new nation from just Moses himself. Moses had to talk Jehovah out of that silly idea. There are other examples but I don't have time.

So if Jehovah is the god of JW's, it would fit. His mood and temperament changes, he couldn't make up his mind before. Why should he have changed lately?

As far as why they shun family but gladly talk to any freako who feigns interest in their little religion? The religion definitely made your parents, and mine, that way.

• chaz84
    chaz84

My mum is a Jehovah's Witness and she recently said to me "You know...disfellowshipping is a bad idea, because surley that's discouraging a person to go back" I told my mum to elaborate she said "well i mean, say someone cheated on their wife...yes it is wrong, but rather than disfellowshipping maybe they should encourage marriage counselling or something. There is obviously something wrong in the relationship...plus i i feel guilty talking to people who are disfellowshipped, but i talked to them because there are in the world now...and i talk to worldly people...and hang with them so that's mean i can still talk to disfellowshipped people". I laughed at that

Also i left cos for one everyone is leading a double life anyway and secondly i think you're right about god and his mood swings. I often thought about "thou shall not gamble" in my teens. I thought "but god is always gambling especially with Satan"

Satan: I bet Job disown you if i take all his riches and family away

God: I bet he doesn't

Satan: Fine leperosy it is

God: He stook by me...i win

God gambled with too many peoples lives...if there was a paradise...i often thought what happens if he gets bored and destroys us anyway..tuh

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

I have gone to other religions and my JW left side of the brain does not cope with Trinity! Why? because that is one of the most long lived written about and debated topic since 325 AD. Okay I might be off a few years!

I was raised as a JW, and they sort of twisted it even more by writing the Trinity brochure which compares the tri-unity God with false gods of the world! Anyhow, I have read theology books about the topic as well as Catholic study books, and watchd interviews on t.v. I can tell you most religions view points on Trinity is not how the JW teach it. There are a least three different views about the trinity! It is very complicated to understand! I do not believe that Jesus is Jehovah God! but will he be called mighty God? Yes!

Ok so ask yourself, Was Jesus ever going to be called Mighty God? or was he going to be called Mighty Michael? LOL that funny! See, you will find Wt that states, "Most people who do not believe that Jesus is Michael believes he is Jehovah God!"

Anyhow, all Christian religions have false doctrines because they are man made religion using the bible for a guide point! so does the law of the England and USA. Both Laws and Christianity want to help others and protect society. At least the bible gives us guides to live by and that is probably what you noticed and liked growing up! I bet growing up, you knew that the other childern were trust worthy nor did drugs. That families tried to live their lives by certain rules such as not lying or smoking.

As far as the light growing brighter! it's your choice to do what is right(see the book of Kings) not according to your rules but Gods if you believe in him. And God was very merciful to his people during anytime so he will be for us! Choose God!

You can pick any religion a part go through their history and find errors! That's the facts! The WTBTS afer the ones I grew up and believed to be true so I expected more from them! At least truths. As far as getting disfellowshipped it hard but that was the rule when I got baptized. I no longer follow that rule but Gods.

As far as your parents speaking to a child molester or wife basher over you, have you tried to talk with your parents about how you feel? You sound like a nice person, your not on drugs and that is doing what is right! You are making good choices for your life!

If your parents are not wanting to talk with you, find some nice couple who will treat you like their daughter! make sure that they are stable people!

Winnie, I hope that your parents will want to talk with you and hear your feelings!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit