Blood and the WTBS

by yknot 3 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

Today I got into a discussion with our congregations biggest blood ban defenders, while sitting at the doctors office. After lecturing me on not having a blood key chain, I mentioned about the flash of blood that happens when inserting an IV, that the blood was "transfused" back into the person. She didn't believe me at first but the nurse confirmed the drops of blood.

This really upset her since she has been in the hospital quite a bit since aging. She picked up her cell phone and speed dialed NY and asked about this "blood issue", the brother on the other end of the line (the sister has her phone on speaker to aid in hearing) just kept repeating that it was a "matter of conscience" over and over to each of her questions. Finally I a took the phone and ask if we couldn't find the answer in the publications? "Matter of Conscience". Then I asked if we could speak to someone that could answer the question, he said that regarding all question of blood the official response of the WTBS is that it is a "matter of conscience"

This frustrated her greatly, I spoke to her about choosing riches over God, how the WTBS seemed to care more about covering there assets, then guiding honest hearted ones to Jehovah's will. The questions she started to ask then astonished me, she had had doubts all along but was fierce to keep up her resolve.

So I guess if a loved one is in need of blood, it would be wise for them to hear from the Tower itself that it is matter of conscience. That this is now about personal choice and not of spiritual suicide.

The Hospital Liason is obsolete...LOL

• zeroday
    zeroday
    She picked up her cell phone and speed dialed NY

Classic, never more than a phone call away to determine if your every action is acceptable...

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I should email this to my Mom as she said the WTBS has not gone soft on those getting blood.

• bsmart
    bsmart

I never knew the "official word" was this... I wonder if the elders do?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit