Article in paper, possible impact on WTS?

by AllAlongTheWatchtower 1 Replies latest social current

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

"Fund helps exiles of polygamous sect"

Salt Lake City- A fund for young people cast out of a southern Utah polygamous sect has helped about a dozen since it was created two months ago. So far, $6,600 has been spent on school tuition, books, a desk, appliances, utilities and car insurance. A woman who was a possible witness in a criminal trial against sect leader Warren Jeffs received clothing.

The fund is "just ramping up" attorney Roger Hoole said. "We're interested in helping more people." The $250,000 Lost Boys Fund was part of a settlement of lawsuits filed by seven young men against the United Effort Plan Trust, the finanacial arm of Jeffs' Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

The above is an excerpt from an article I read in my local paper on Saturday. I didn't type in the whole thing, for one because it was a bit longer, and I typed it in manually, not cut and paste from online, for another I'm not sure of the legalities involved were I to quote it in it's entirety. The whole thing can probably be viewed on the web somewhere, think my local paper uses AP for national stuff. The legal precedent has interesting implications for the WTS though, I think.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Now if we could get some kind of fund set up for XJW's, that would be awesome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit