Was there a JW convention or something this weekend??

by lavendar 7 Replies latest jw friends

• lavendar
    lavendar

We heard our JW daughter-in-law went away for the weekend (19 -21). We're assuming it was JW-related. Our son (her husband) did NOT go (yea!!!).

Was there a convention or something happening?? Nosey me.....I just wanted to know.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Hi lavendar. There are assemblies going on all over the US on any given weekend. There are 1, 2 & 3 day ones. I would think probably all of the 3 day District conventions are finished by now. They are usually held in the summer.

Someone in your son's location (or close proximity) would need to know the location. Not sure if you want to give out that info.

At least you can hope he's chosen to stay home and not attend if that is where she is.

• lavendar
  • lavendar
    lavendar

Thanks, MeneMene!

I'm sure where ever it was she went, it had something to do with the WTS. And SO GLAD our son chose NOT TO GO.

• The Humper
    The Humper

well when i called my mom today she said she was at her circuit assembly

• lavendar
    lavendar

Thanks Humper! And congrats on your little one "in the oven"!!

• horrible life
    horrible life

There was an apostafest. Maybe she isn't telling you everything. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

I was wondering the same thing, at around midnight Saturday night, there were so many people in suits and dresses packing into the local 7-11, that the girl at the counter just told me to take my coffee and go without paying for it. (Course, that's probably also because I'm a regular customer at that location, and it doesn't hurt that I occasionally drop them off free pizza from work when there's a messed up order or something, but that should give you an idea of how busy they were.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit