JW at gas station

by uwishufish 6 Replies latest jw friends

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

She was inside getting some coffee and was in a hurry. I ask to where and she said to a jw convention.

I told her that the jw s talked with me several years ago and told me Christ came invisibly into power in 1914. Itold her I did not believe this then but now I do!

I said isn't it wonderful the advancements Christ has ushered in with his reign. Such as being able to travel to different parts of the globe in a matter of hrs, man has gone to the moon, we now have cures for the biblical disease of lepersy,food is abundant. Then I said are not Christs followers truly blessed?

Her reply was that next he's going to get rid of wickedness. I ask what she ment as it's pretty good where I live.

At this point I think she smelled a rat. She mentioned child abuse and changed her words. But she had to leave.

She'll remember the conversation for a while and maby think twice when they change 1914 date.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Child abuse ?? no wonder she changed her tune quickly.

• *summer*
    *summer*

Child abuse? Perhaps it brought back some bad memories.

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

When I speek to an unaware jw ( one who knows not of my previous exposure to this cult) I try not to be confrontational and just bring up one item. I fear that blasting with both barrels only shuts them down to my thought path.

One item is enough for them to consider.

When I was a kid in fs the person who answered the door ask me the question; Do you read this stuff. I lied and answered; Yes. That gave me somthing to think about.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

uWISHUFISH; nice work , you threw a monkey wrench into that's jw's whole line of thinking. It's amazing how just talking to these dopes with a little insight, can make their heads spin. you are right that jw will remember your little talk for years . but tomorrow will forget this weeks wt study. sounds like you have the right bait. john

• *summer*
    *summer*

I hear you, uwishufish. I still study with JWs. And some people asked me...why don't you get away before they really get you? No, I am not ready to get away just yet. My study conductor provides me with so much info...magazines, book, library CD, and what not. I feel I have first hand info. So I keep quiet...and keep studying. I will get away in my time. And I will get away quietly. I am not the confrontational type as well. In my opinion, it does not really get anybody anywhere. Only causes hard feelings, usually on both sides.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

good work! I was planning to do a little anti-witnessing today, but the usual JWs weren't in front of the grocery store. I had two lines planned. One was "what year was it when they said millions now living will never die?" and the other was "I understand there's new light about the generation that would never pass away." couldn't decide which to start with, but it's all moot. They weren't there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit