are jws saving the sinners or the righteous today.

by jacethespace 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jacethespace
    jacethespace

In matthew chapter 9 verses 10-13 it says- 10 And it came to pass as jesus sat at meat in the house, behold , many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.11 And when the pharisees saw it they said unto his disciples.Why eat your master with publicans and sinners?12 But when jesus heard that he said unto them, they that be whole need not a physician but they that are sick.13 But go you and learn what that means, i will have mercy and not sacrifice, for i am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

I noticed a few intresting points in this scripture, firstly jesus was associating with sinners and eating a meal with them.The pharisees were frowning on this in a similar way today the watchtower society has a similar attitude.If we were eating with such " worldly people imagine what sort of advice we would be given inside the watchtower walls, " bad association ".

The most intresting point i noticed though was that jesus said " i am not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.So jesus must have recognized that the world had righteous people, but he was concerned with teaching sinners the right way.Today on the ministry jehovahs witnesses say they are gathering not the sinners but only the righteous " the right hearted ones.Seems to me jesus had a more balanced attitude of the world than the watchtower does.

• Honesty
    Honesty

When sinners realise that they are separated from God and will be for eternity they go to Jesus.

The JW's are taught that they are imperfect and have inherited Adam's sin so they don't need to go to Jesus as long as they keep believing the Watchtower Society.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

I will say this real loud (ahem )CAN YOU HEAR ME IN THE BACK?

THE WATCHTOWER AND JEHOVAHS WHITTNESSES ARE NOT SPREADING THE MESSAGE OF GOD AND /OR JESUS CHRIST !

THEY ARE PURSUING A PERSONAL AGENDA BASED ON A SELFISH DESIRE. SELFISH DESIRE IS THE CAUSE OF ALL SUFFERING IN THE WORLD. IF YOU ENGAGE IN A SELFISH DESIRE YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM TO.

END SELFISH DESIRES . thank you I hope none was offended

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

What is sin?

• watson
    watson

"Sin" is short for the sinsofourfathers gene. Passed down from generation to generation. It was planted there so that we would always be reminded that we are really just observers of....oh what a pile of sh*t.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    oh what a pile of sh*t.

Thanks, watson.

That's kinda what I thought it was.

• oompa
    oompa
    Jace: So jesus must have recognized that the world had righteous people, but he was concerned with teaching sinners the right way.Today on the ministry jehovahs witnesses say they are gathering not the sinners but only the righteous " the right hearted ones

ALL are sinners, we know that. So what this means is that the sinners, who are drawn in some mysterious way, become righteous. Until that happens they are just sinners with no true spirituality....oompa

• zack
    zack

What blueviceroy said.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Romans 3:10

according as it has been written, "There is not a righteous one, not even one!"

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Jesus came for everyone but at first he came for the lost sheep, tribe! When he was rejected he took it to the streets and opened the door for everyone! As far as bad assoication well the WTBTS misapplied that scripture! So set your self free from WTBTS way of thinking! It is bad conversation look at it in detail. Anyone sitting at the Kingdom Hall can see that it has nothing to do with brothers and sisters! but a guilt trip that has hurt many!

That is part of the WTBTS brainwashing techinques. Bad association! NOT but bad conversation and they still associated with the non christians.

Jesus said not to call him righteous because there was only one righteous and that is the Father who is in heaven.

Here's another thought; WTBTS seem to think when they go door to door, and when a person takes the WT at the door they have the right to Mark that person to righteousness! Meaning that person side steps judgement day with Jesus! So the ones who do not take the magzines are the ones who are going to go off to judgement day!

Jesus opened the door to sit with sinners, taxes collectors, prostitutes to let them know that they will be saved if they believe in him! Unlike the Pharisees of the day! Repentence was a big one with Jesus but I think that he knew that people would have a hard time with repentence. Although it is better to repent and believe in Jesus than feel empty and have no faith!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit