Rugby World Cup

by katiekitten 6 Replies latest jw friends

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Well its a week since Johnny Wilkinson kicked the frogs into touch on their home turf, and I cant wait for the match tonight.

Loads of people at work have bet on an England win (not at the bookies, just in the staff sweepstakes!) and I cant help thinking they are voting with their hearts rather than their heads. Still coming second is no shame, given how stupendously crap we have been recently.

Am off for an All you Can Eat Chinese before the match - gonna need some serious fuel for 8pm, and I think every pizza`delivery man in the land is going to be overworked.

Anyone else all revved up for the limb fest that is going to be England V South Africa?

• ninja
    ninja

ADMIT IT KITTY....YOU ARE JUST WATCHING IT FOR THE GUYS IN SHORTS.....BLOODY WOMEN....YOU THINK WE ARE JUST PLAYTHINGS.....HE HE....OOPS .... SOZ FOR SHOUTING

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

And as I type at the 71st minute we are getting our arses kicked 15-6

G /|\

• ninja
    ninja

not a very good game....dare I say it....a bore war....congrats SA....and commiserations to England....you played well to get to the final...ninja

• Duncan
    Duncan

Just watched it.

Oh, well. Never mind - there's always 2011.

Do you think they'll still get an open-top bus parade through Trafalgar Square?

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

PAH! South Africa were the better team, but we gave away the first 9 points and gift wrapped them. Whats the point of having Poster Boy Johnny Wilkinson if you are going to hand out penalties like sweeties????!!!

Still coming second is no shame.

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

England are the epitome of all that is wrong with the game of rugby: massive, immobile, tractor forwards totally dominating with weak underused backs hardling getting a look, a game completely based around defensive kicking tactics, dour, negative, a bore. They only scored 1 try in the last 3 games of this tournament, coming very close to winning it that way. This is very sad for the game and is turning people off rugby. South Africa are only slightly better.

The only teams that came to this tournament wanting to play attractive, running rugby the way it should be played, were the All Blacks and Australia. And look what happened to them.

And this is exactly why the IRB are bringing in MAJOR changes to the rules from next year (starting with the Super 14), eg, hands in rucks will be allowed, the offside line will be 5 metres behind the scrum not the last players foot, most penalty offensives will become freekicks,etc.

It will be goodbye to the likes of Johnny Wilkinson and fat, slow props who do nothing more than walk from one maul to the next.

The 2011 tourny will be MUCH better than the rubbish we had to endure at this tournament.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit