My Emotional Rollercoaster

by Princess Daisy Boo 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

What a week this has been!

Linda died. Although I am still a relative newbie to this board and can't say I had the honour of knowing her, I am so touched at the outpouring of love that I have seen - and priviledged that I can be a member of this community! My heart goes out to those near and dear to her and especially Trev!

An old friend, based in the UAE, passed away after two weeks on life support following a car accident. He was a young man, larger than life and so loved - in the prime of his life - and a lifesaver too! I hadn't seen him in years but will miss him nonetheless.My heart goes out to his fiance, mom and daughter who are all devastated by the loss of this wonderful man.

Lucky Dube - an musical icon in my country - was murdered in a horrific incident of crime last night, and in the very suburb that I grew up in! So sad and so scary - how I hate fearing for my life and the lives of the people I care about due to the crime that rips this wonderful country apart.

My beautiful shop, that I have spent a great part of this year working and putting my heart into, is opening for business for the last time tomorrow. I have had good days and bad days and I have made wonderful friends, but I have decided that the stress involved in trying to build this business to a point where it is profitable is just more than I can handle, especially without the capital that it requires to make it a success. I am putting my husband and children first now and going back to being a salaried employee.

But before you think that I am about to slit my wrists with a rusty blunt knife... there are great things afoot too!

I am starting a new and exciting job in just a few days - a job that I would not have gotten were it not for the experience that I gained in this last endevour of mine as well as for the fantastic people I met during this experience! A job that is getting me a foot in the door of the career of my dreams!

After trying for years to have a baby, failed ivf treatments, miscarriages and even twins that were stillborn at 7months, my very oldest friend had a beautiful healthy baby girl yesterday! I cannot imagine the pure joy she must be feel now after all these years of sadness and disappointment. To my dear friend, congratulations and nobody deserves this bundle of joy more than you!

And finally - as I drove to work this morning, every second person I saw was wearing either a replica green and gold rugby jersey, a green t-shirt or a Springbok Cap in support of our country's rugby team which plays in the World Cup Final tomorrow night. I even saw people wearing bokke scarves (in this warm spring weather). The show of patriotism and unity in a country that clearly has a lot of problem is phenomenal.

I was moved to tears as I saw this spectacle, and I am not even a sport fan - maybe it was just the build up of emotion after the events of the last few days? If that was my reaction upon waking this morning, I dread to think what I will be like after we win tomorrow night!

Thanks for listening!

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

Sounds like you have every reason to be on that rollercoaster ride. Life certainly has it's ups & downs. For some blessed reason, it seems that too often for all the bad we experience in life, there always seems to be a positive outcome. And sometimes the negative things we experience can be seen in a positive way too. Of course some of the awful things you mentioned, we can't imagine what positive effect or outcome it can have for us. Maybe not always for us, but for others.

Thanks for sharing with us your emotions. Maybe from here on out you'll have a brighter future? Let's hope!

Luv Ya!

LINDA

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Hi Princess.

Sorry about your business. I really wish you all of the best with your new job.

And finally - as I drove to work this morning, every second person I saw was wearing either a replica green and gold rugby jersey, a green t-shirt or a Springbok Cap in support of our country's rugby team which plays in the World Cup Final tomorrow night. I even saw people wearing bokke scarves (in this warm spring weather). The show of patriotism and unity in a country that clearly has a lot of problem is phenomenal.

I'm also wearing green and gold today! My son's school is having a green and gold day and all the kids are dressed up in their Rugby gear. This country is great sometimes. At times like this everything seems perfect!

Lucky Dube - an musical icon in my country - was murdered in a horrific incident of crime last night, and in the very suburb that I grew up in! So sad and so scary - how I hate fearing for my life and the lives of the people I care about due to the crime that rips this wonderful country apart.

This is the first I hear of Lucky's murder. OMG. That's horrible. Crime in SA is completely out of hand and our president has his head in the sand! Wake up Thabo Mbeki. The crime is not only killing our people it's killing our beautiful country too.

Rant over!

xxx

J

• helncon
    helncon

That is a rollercoaster ride.

I know what you mean about having your own business and that is involved.

I hope it may become more steady for you.

Take care of you and your family as they need to come first.

Regards

Helen

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Thanks Linda, J and Helen

I guess the key is to keep looking on the bright side of things?

• V1710
    V1710

"Stay on the sunny side, stay on the sunny side, stay on the sunny side of life"

Jeanette

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

Life IS like a roller coaster, isn't it?

It goes up, it goes down, it rocks you from side to side.

But you only get to go once, so make it count.

I figure if you get to the end with all your limbs you didn't do it right so stand up, scream, make some noise, throw yourself into it with gusto!

So you tried having a business, but learned that it might not be the right time or maybe not for you, KUDOS for giving it a go!

So many people fail to even try, they just sit there with their hands over their eyes on the rough spots of the ride.

I really admire your positive attitude, I mean death gets us in the end, but why let life get us down in the meantime?

So, here's to your roller coaster ride, may it go on much longer and have more ups than downs.

RD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit