elder attending college!!

by XOCO 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• XOCO
    XOCO

hey i'm a second year undergrad student and i saw my elder in the library reading the 1,000 page book and taking notes WTF? why is he taking classes or even in school again? have any of you guys happen to you before?

• zack
    zack

Maybe since the GB gave up their UN Library Card they have asked certain elders to do research in the higher education libraries of "Satan's world."

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

Haven't seen an elder in the last college I attended, but I did see a sister's daughter...she was in one of my classes. She was shunning me, but even if she was, I was truly happy to see her in college. Maybe she'll take a Philosophy of Religion class like I did and it will open her eyes to things?

LINDA

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

We had an elder go back to college when I was still in . He was our book study conductor. His job required he get a higher degree in business managment to keep his job . I know he put up with alot of comments from others during that time . I don't know how he did it all ...had book study at his house , worked and traveled fulltime , service and school .

I had alot of respect for him ,really can't understand why he never saw through it all . His son and son in law went to bethel , of course sent home after the down sizing . They moved to Virginia and are about the only witnesses I really miss ....always hoping he will post on here someday .

• BEROEAN
    BEROEAN

Actually there's plenty of JWs taking college classes lately. Several years ago there was a WT article that covered pursuing a higher education. Nothing wrong with it. The entire thought was carefully considering what the persons motive was. Surely, you guys know there's plenty of Nurses, Architects, Attorneys, ect. in the Org.

• changeling
    changeling

I know of one who went to law school while a CO!

Anybody know John Mason?

changeling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit