Is Advice on Blood Practicing Medecine w/o a License?

by zack 2 Replies latest watchtower medical

• zack
    zack

Part of the WTS theocratic war strategy on the blood issue is to tell the rank and file to say to doctors and others that they have the right to refuse medical treatment of any

kind and control their own health care. They tell the rank and file, however, that the reason blood is refused is a matter of faith and not medicine. They then inform the

rank and file on MEDICAL ISSUES (such as blood substittutes, etc...)

Is the WTS through their publications and specifically through their HLC Committees practicing medicine without a license? It seems they are dispensing MEDICAL advice

and not religious advice when they tell a member to use one treatment over another, regardless of the charade of "spiritual" advice. And if they are, in fact, practicing medicine, couldn't they be sued using this angle? I mean, everyone has the right to his religoius beliefs, but they do not have the right to influence medical decisions disguised as spiritual beleifs.

• yknot
    yknot

Interesting idea.

Most HLC are lawyers, this can be remedied by adding one doctor to the committee.

If you baptized after June 1985, the answer is NO, your baptizm was an agreement of membership into the Organization. They only have to state in court that the HLC is there to reimind the patient (victim) of membership beliefs.

That is what the WTBS has become all about: Legal Protection of the Greater Organization.

Y

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think that having a committee of people that know nothing about medicine enforcing the blood doctrine is unethical at best. More times than not, they are there to force a person, often a child, to refuse blood when it is critically needed. While I am in favor of freedom to choose how to practice medicine, an exception is needed here when a child is involved and it is blatantly obvious that (s)he will die or be seriously harmed without it. In cases like this, having the HLC is obstructing the practice of medicine. It is blatantly obvious that the HLC is not practicing sound medicine.

For those who are adults, I am in favor of freedom to choose what kind of medicine is to be practiced on us. However, when there is an emergency situation, allopathic medicine is unbeaten. Accidents and sudden disease situations require treatment now, including drugs and surgery. Blood goes along with that treatment, and no group of window washers should be allowed to usurp my right to have that blood given to me in that type of emergency situation. The doctors and nurses are trained in those situations to determine what is best, and the patient rarely has the time to argue.

Now, when it comes to preventive medicine, the patients and parents should be allowed to make unbiased decisions. They should be allowed all the facts and then to make the decisions on their own. They should be allowed to decide whether they should take a drug (or several drugs) on a maintenance basis, change their diet and exercise habits, or start taking supplements, or a combination of the above. In this situation, blood is almost never needed (and shouldn't be given since it would needlessly expose the patient to risk and waste blood that is needed elsewhere). But, if you have been in a car crash or have a sudden heart attack, there is not going to be time for natural methods to work. In those cases, having a bunch of window washers with barely a high school education hounding me to avoid blood is unwelcome and definitely unethical. I would classify it as borderline practicing medicine without a license, since they are there to alter the course of treatment on behalf of the patient, in an emergency situation.

Even the discussions of blood that happen in the Kingdumb Hells, preparing them for the issue, could be counseling the congregation without proper credentials. Remember, we are talking preparing for an emergency and not long-term preventive maintenance. When you sign that blood card, it is effectively a prescription for No Blood written by the Governing Body. Your signature means nothing because they threaten you with destruction if you do get blood. No, this is not a "If it isn't in those medical journals, it's crap" view. But, in a blatant emergency, and until blood becomes obsolete, Doctor Jaracz has no right to make that decision. Perhaps Quack Jaracz (Quack because he knows the viewpoint is blatantly wrong in these situations) would be more appropriate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit