Clergy Mandatory Reporting States

by NowImFree 5 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• NowImFree
    NowImFree

I have a questions for everyone because I need information per a question from someone on another forum. This may have been brought up in another post but I haven't found it. My understanding is that the elders are told to report abuse to the authorities only when it is mandated by state law requiring clergy to report. But in other states, they are keeping it internal because clergy are not forced to report in those states. I cannot remember where I heard this, possibly JR Brown in a video or audio from Bethel but I am not sure. Can anyone help me find this info for someone who does not believe this? They think elders are instructed to report by the Watchtower regardless of the state laws but I don't think so. I think they only report when they absolutely have to.

Thank you,

Nowimfree

• Saoirse
  • NowImFree
    NowImFree

Sorry Saoirse, you probably misunderstood what I was looking for. I was looking for the Watchtower guidelines, what they "claim" their reporting standards are. I thought they said they report when the state mandates clergy to report. I thought they said that they pretty much only gaurantee they will report to the authorities when mandated by that particular state. I am looking for where the Watchtower stated somewhere about this.

Thanks for sending though.

NowImFree

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

They make no printed claim.

If you ask them, they will generally claim that they always report. I even had a CO tell me that they always report and they always have.

But the rule is, the elders are suppose to call Bethal, bethal will instruct them what to do based upon whether they are in a required reporting state or not. But of course, none of this is in print.

• PinTail
    PinTail

Never forget who is watching this situation, Christ Jesus does, nothing sneeks past him he will take care of all matter concerning this issue soon.

• blondie
    blondie

You will not find a public printed directive. Most likely only in BOE letters sent to the elders. Someone on here might know where to access that info online.

I will confirm that elders are told to call Legal in the WTS before they do anything to confirm if they are legally required to report.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit