Nothing Impossible for Man

by zack 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• zack
    zack

There was a thread recently about "Universal Soveriegnty."

As a dub I never really thought about the concept, I simply accepted it. It was a nice, neat sound bite of an answer to the

age old question: Why does God permit suffering?

Why wait so long to prove a point, mainly that man cannot rule himself succesfully apart from God?

SO I was away this weekend and had a chance to think about it.

Has man at any time really been able to rule himself? If you beleive the Bible, then the answer is "No." Either the bad spirits have been influencing him

or God has been intefering. The whole flood story has been on the forum recently, and it reinforced this beleif I am coming to that man, according to the Bible,

never had a chance. Right after the flood, within a few generations, God himself says that "there is nothing that they want to do that will not be possible

for them to do." And so, he confuses their languages. HE THWARTS THE ABILITY OF MANKIND TO RULE ITSELF. How can any point be "proven"

when man has never stood a chance against unseen forces, whether those forces are good or bad?

I know my questions are nothing new. I was devastated when I learned the truth about the troof. At least I had the fundamental beleifs of the Bible left. But the more

I think, the stronger the feeling that it's all made up. It's not a very comfortable feeling, but if I had listened to that little voice decades ago, I wouldn't have wasted decades

in the Borg. I beleive in God, but no explanation of Him that I have ever been given seems to fit the evidence.

Peace.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    , God himself says that "there is nothing that they want to do that will not be possible

for them to do." And so, he confuses their languages. HE THWARTS THE ABILITY OF MANKIND TO RULE ITSELF.

Excellent point, zack.

That Biblical passage describes quite well how tyrannical forces have stifled humanity's ascent.

But that's changing, one person at a time.

When we no longer fear the tyrants, progress is made. Personal and societal.

• freeme
    freeme

i thought about this topic much too.

its one of the problems noone i ever met can explain. if the assumption that god waited before bringing armageddon to

a) save as much humans as possible

and

b) prove the point that mankind cant rule themselves

is true both statements are senseless.

because

a) every little day god waits more thousands by thousands of ppl are added to the pile of sinners and nonbelievers. actually the more god waits the MORE ppl will get killed on armageddon if the JW religion is true at all.

and

b) since mankind never had the chance to live "on their own" nothing is proven! floot, confusing language, israelites with god as their warlord, demons down to earth, etc, etc...

i never understood why this is righteouss at all. and this aint the only thing i never understood.

example: when god is love and more loving than any two parents can be... why does he kill his childs for stuff like "not obeying" and "not working at the fullest" or "being not faithful". and this all when there are wolves out to distract his childs. how would be a mother or father called who would act like that? it sounds more like slavery..

or

when free will is a gift and the choice to obey god is everyones personal choice... why do we need to DIE if we use it the wrong way. especially when were imperfect? wouldnt it be not more loving not giving us the ability to sin in first place? its like giving your child a knife and when it hurts itself with it you kill it, because it didnt use the knife properly :D and why are ppl who leave the jws are treated like a desease? my wife used to say: "everyone is completely free and can chose whether they wanna leave the org or not. and they knew the consequenzes before baptism." oh wow. especially when you knew them at your baptism at the age of 12 lol :D and JWs have exactly the same "free choice" to leave the org or not like someone who hears the words "give me your wallet or ill kill you. its your choice!".

greatest love of all.

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

- This was discussed in this thread, and in this thread. Interesting questions arise.

• zack
    zack

Awakened07: Thanks for the links.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Zack, an excellent point! See what happens when we can think for ourselves, ask questions? And THEN get ANSWERS!! No, the answers aren't inspiring, they may not motivate us to do good or bad, the answers may just simply be facts. It would be akin for us to tell a worshiper of Apollo who happened to be transported to our time that Apollo isn't real. Facts are great, at least you know what you are up against...

When I read threads like this one and the others here, it does a lot of good for me personally. I firmly believe that all religions, (esp JW's) are controlled by superstitious fear. I was never able to put 2 and 2 together until just before I left. We were all afraid! We were told that fear of Jehovah was good for us... FEAR! And then, to top all of this, we must consider the abundant WISDOM of the great YHWH, we just weren't allowed to get our brains past first gear. Drooling over our WT's was all that was allowed. Most of us were literally afraid to think and seek answer to simple questions that these ridiculous passages raised! That is what the fear of god does for you, JW style...

What is interesting if you buy into the whole Genesis account is that while YHWH maintains that man can't rule himself, God then destroys a level playing field! Mankind never had a chance. (parroting the point Zack made so well...) I LOVE this!! Right here in gods own "word" (to your mother) he shows his own ridiculous insecurity.

What if man got it together, if this account were real? That tower could have inspired them to realize they didn't need to worship an invisible skateboarder in the clouds..... That would have sucked for YHWH.....

Thanks Zack for bringing this out!

• VM44
    VM44

Sounds like Jehovah would be the type of chess player who would upset the whole chessboard just before he was checkmated!

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit