W-Five: Show about Hamilton Cult - Dominion Christian Centre

by Scully 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

It was a very interesting show tonight, and I wanted to share.

The Pied Piper of Hamilton

You can read the story on the CTV.ca website, or see the episode in the clips featured in the sidebar.

• compound complex
    compound complex

"'[...] once you get into a closed system, anything can happen,'
    said the cult expert."

I cannot believe all the parallels, Scully. We had a situation here where over one half of the congregation left due to one man's evil manipulation. The PO's divisive and devious tactics were terrorizing the r & f. They had to take flight as they couldn't fight. "Jehovah took care of it." Really. The man left suddenly, but the congregation was decimated. And my friends said that the COs [more than one] turned a deaf ear to their pleas.

But then, as in the case of the D.C.C., there are happy members who think it's their worldly families - influenced by Satan - who are the whacked out ones. When I went to my 40-year HS reunion, my closest friends confided that I had totally changed upon my conversion to JWism after graduation. I had found God and wanted to enlighten my family and friends - some of whom are atheists to this day and leading rich and wonderful lives. They are happy to have the authentic CoCo back.

You just don't see it until it's your time to see it, so it seems.

Thanks again, Scully.

CoCo

• *summer*
    *summer*

i don't watch much tv as a rule. but last night, i was just coming back for a movie, and sat in front of the tv...mindlessly going through the channels...until i hit W-Five...wow! what a great documentary!

only too true that only outsiders can 'see' through a cult. and i could barely believe that people could be attracted by such a 'leader'...foul language and all. sad:-(

• knock knock
    knock knock

I only watched part of the first part. It's like watching revamped Manson or Koresh footage. Their "leader" is so obviously - well, I guess it's only obvious to those that have seen this crap before. Looks like this is another Jonestown in the making. Those good looking young girls will attract a bigger following and the story will play out badly for many.

Ah, maybe it's just I'm blind and cannot see.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit