question on JW thinking

by Bgurltryal 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Bgurltryal
    Bgurltryal

If you were a JW ( I know...it's a stretch!) who's job was to help people receive medicare and one of your cases said something negative about JWs, mentioning that their significant other once was one but no longer is, would you consider screwing with the case?

The reason i ask is that i did put my foot in my mouth while speaking with my case worker. It's been months now and every time i contact him he just says to wait, yet i received a letter from the medical aid office some time ago stating the necessary information had not been received so I had been declined. My case worker was in charged of providing them with said information and when i confronted him he just said that because i had him i had more time to hand in info.

I'm probably just paranoid but I've been wondering if a JW would ignore my case because of my association with a non beleiver. I know it's a generalisation but is it a legitimate concern?

• AMarie
    AMarie

BGirl:

This sounds like a sticky situation and I guess it all depends on the person. Your caseworking could be professional about it, blow off your comment, and finish his/her work with you. Or, they could take your comment to heart, feeling personally attacked and screw with you. I don't know your caseworker and can't speak for him or her, but I strongly doubt I would he or she would do something so vindictive. I imagine that they would have somebody else handle your case before. Screwing with your case could put their job in jeapordy. Therefore, I would just give them the benefit of the doubt and maybe (gulp) apologize if necessary.

AMarie

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

hi bgurl,

i would suggest if you feel your caseworker is screwing with your case, request to speak to his supervisor. that should get him going or at least you can request a different caseworker. i have to agree with amarie that your caseworker should be a professional and not let personal feelings muddy his ability to work on a case. if he is screwing with your case just because of what you said about jws, he could definately lose his job! so ask for supervisor's name and number...

good luck! i know working with the system can be a real pain in the ass at times.

love
    harmony

Most people think, Great God will come from the skies, Take away everything And make everybody feel high. But if you know what life is worth, You will look for yours on earth: And now you see the light, You stand up for your rights.~~Bob Marley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit