13th century carnage and destruction of Genghis Khan

by M.J. 5 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• M.J.
    M.J.

I was checking out a Wikepedia article on Genghis Khan and saw these tidbits:

China reportedly suffered a drastic decline in population during 13th and 14th centuries. Before the Mongol invasion, Chinese dynasties reportedly had approximately 120 million inhabitants; after the conquest was completed in 1279, the 1300 census reported roughly 60 million people. Genghis was known to have killed millions of people in northern China, but precisely how many of these deaths are directly attributable to Genghis Khan and his forces or by other causes is unclear and speculative.[20] About half of the Russian population died during the Mongol invasion of Rus.[21] The total population of Persia may have dropped from 2,500,000 to 250,000 as a result of mass extermination and famine.[22] Historians estimate that up to half of Hungary's two million population at that time were victims of the Mongol invasion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genghis_Khan#Military_destruction_and_casualties

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

blood-thirsty bastard, wasn't he? I didn't know much about him, outside of the poem "in Xanadu did Kubla Khan a stately pleasure dome decree..."

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

All conquerors are sociopaths that care very little about who they step on to expand thier boundaries of power and control. I guess alot of thier insanity can be attributed to how they were raised and indoctrinated from youth.

• M.J.
    M.J.

hey, someone did notice this thread after all..

I guess my main point was that it appears China's population was cut in roughly half during the period of his conquests. As well as Russia's and Hungary's. Persia's population was obliterated.

It appears that western historians in general have a western bias when speaking of devastating events with regard to "world history".

Of course, the WTS uses this to their advantage.

• Iron Rod
    Iron Rod

But....but...M.J.....

I thought that people only died since 1914...you know ..."sign of the last days"......."critical times hard to deal with".....

All those people couldn't have died back then!

You must, for your own good, stop reading information from "apostate" historians.

• zack
    zack

Thanks for the thread. It does show how egocentric the Bible tends to be when everything in the Universe hangs in the balance within the sphere

of a few shepherds and herders of goats. Civilizations far removed from Abraham's decendants, along with their accomplishments and failures, help

to put things in perspective.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit