social security

by Phil 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Phil
    Phil

When a JW spouse dies the remaining spouse is entitled to some money from the social security administration. How is this handled by the Watchtower. Is there any documents that spell this out. Is the check just endorsed by the JW recipient and handed over to the Watchtower? Need some good information on this.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

No.

No.

No.

The coercion the WT exercises is subtle.

They are not involved in such matters should the surviving spouse not expressly include them.

• zeroday
    zeroday

w662/1p.96QuestionsfromReaders***

There are arrangements that the government may have, however, to which people are entitled whether they are in dire need or not. This may include some form of Social Security, medical aid, unemployment compensation or other assistance for those advanced in years. Those who are legally entitled to such benefits may certainly claim them.

• moshe
    moshe

I seem to remember that Jim Jones-aka, Jonestown massacre, somehow managed to get control of his members SS checks and keep them enslaved to his cult. The WT leaders are not of the benevolent type either, I am afraid.

• Phil
    Phil

I was assuming that the Watchtower would ask or the member would sign the check over to the org as a donation particularly for those that are living in Brooloyn or Patterson compounds

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

interesting,isnt it? that 'certain parts' of "the world" are acceptable..i dont think that the amish accept ss bennies,but the jws are readily in line at food banks and such..interesting how it can work both ways...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I've never heard directly or indirectly about the SS check requests. If anything, living in Los Angeles, the complaint is the amount being insufficiant to live on.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

BTW the death benifit is under $200. That's what my mother recieved at my fathers death. She was asssigned his payment stipend as his was higher rather than her lower payment monthly.

• Phil
    Phil

A fellow I workked with in '75 received a check from the Social Security Administration every month after the death of his underaged son. How much? I don't know. My first question was mainly about the payments from Government to a JW. If the separation of the two entities is for real and complete, I am sure that this money would not be paid to the poor. Furthermore, I am sure the Watchtower would get their glommers on it, as miniscule as it may be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit