Remember when . . . ?

by ESTEE 5 Replies latest jw friends

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

I recall when the quick build kingdom halls and the big Assembly Hall were being built in Saskatoon that the word from the platform was everyone will be flocking in and filling up all those empty seats. The borg was counting on a huge influx of new people who were just crying for bible studies!

"Study with meeee!!! Ple-e-e-e-ease!!!"

Does anyone else remember these talks, or was it a local belief in Canada.

Seems to me more and more seats are empty these days.

Ooops, another mis-calculation? Another mis-interpretation of scripture? Another proof of false prophets?

Love to all,

ESTEE

• JK666
    JK666

Hello, hello, hello, hello, hello, hello, hello.

JK

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can remember that was common during the early 1990s. Build bigger a$$embly Hells and Kingdumb Hells. Then go out and fill those empty seats by spending your time in field circus. They were talking about how there were enough "sheep" out there to fill the seats.

And now, I haven't seen the inside of the a$$embly hell since 2000. That's one more empty seat.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Some of these assembly halls have become a burden to the circuits that own them or have mortgages with the WTS. Operating costs, maintenance, insurance, etc. get more costly as the facility ages.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

One less seat being filled since 1999 --- when I abandoned ship!

Love to all

ESTEE

• flipper
    flipper

Yes, I've heard the same thing as Gregor said. Some of these halls built 20 to 30 years ago are falling apart. Especially the quick builds which were thrown together so fast just to impress themselves . Sure didn't fill up did they ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit