Zanex Moving!!!

by zanex 9 Replies latest jw friends

• zanex
    zanex

Well folks...its been a good run in California and all but its time for me to depart...so in like 2 and a half weeks round the 25 th i will be packing my shite in the car and me and my buddy (who quit his job in NM, drove all the way out to cali to get me and is moving WITH me) adn we are drivin cross country from one coast (cali) to the other...(NYC) im still kind of in shock bout this whole thing but for some strange odd reason it feels right...

im gonna stop in NM briefly to see my traumatized mother, she is still reeling from my fathers untimely demise (course so am I), will be there a day or two before getting back in the car to NYC...my company has transferred me to the manhattan office to work so least i have a job. Will be staying with one of my buddys friends for a day or so...i have a thot that the company mite just put me up in a hotel for a while til i get settled...so its NYC for me!

I have a somewhat optimistic outlook stemming from the recent contact with my mother...almost weekly...granted the contact has been strained and it gets VERY emotional for both of us..her asking me questions that I dont want to answer adn the first time i do she SINKS into depression...its been challenging...im still in and out of tears on somewhat of a regular basis...not takin any brain candy tho...now its JUST my name on this board...(as a reminder more than anything else i suppose)

But im LEAVING....gettin the HECK outta california..its time for a BIG change in life...adn this is it..so Goodbye California....and start spreadin the news...im leavin soon..I wanna BE a part of it...NEW YORK...NEW YORK....sigh...

(WTBTS...im COMING for you chuckle....)

-Z-

• changeling
    changeling

I'm soooo jealous!

I love NYC!

changeling

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Hey that is great news! I'm really happy for you and your new journey, I wish you all the luck and happiness the world has to offer.

But im LEAVING....gettin the HECK outta california..its time for a BIG change in life...adn this is it..so Goodbye California....and start spreadin the news...im leavin soon..I wanna BE a part of it...NEW YORK...NEW YORK....sigh...

(WTBTS...im COMING for you chuckle....)

Go get 'em tiger! Oooh I love that song New York, New York!

• JK666
    JK666

Z,

It sounds like quite an adventure! Do you have a job lined up there? I hope all goes well.

It sounds like you'll probably be going through my neck of the woods on you trip. PM me if you want to get together.

JK

• tula
    tula

theadvice I was given when I went to visit New York was

1. Don't look up. Everyone will know you are a tourist. While you are looking up, someone will snatch your purse.

2. Give written directions to the cab driver and wear big sunglasses, like a celebrity. Don't open your mouth. If they hear a southern accent they will drive you to New Jersey and back, cause they think you won't know the difference.

3. New York is the only place you can get VD from a toilet seat.

Good luck. Happy trails. Stay away from Thelma and Louise. And let us know when you land.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Congrats on the job relocation and the new adventures.

I love New York and wish I had spent time in the city when I lived nearby. ('course it wasn't as cleaned-up as it is now.)

Can't wait to hear the stories you'll be creating for yourself.

Enjoy and Congrats!

-Aude.

• zanex
    zanex

Yah...its definitely been a wild ride over the last week..so much has happened and just things just falling into place and just with little to no effort..it HAS to be the right thing...but can anyone really know what the right thing is? lol...anyhow..thanx for the advice and support and kudos...I will be checking in to this site during the move...not sure why but i think since i am going to NYC I am starting to feel the realities of how close i will be to the hq of erg the jdubs..sigh..no worries..I am in a weird place...not sure what lies ahead but for the first time since dad died I feel like I know what adventure is next for me...and it feels intense...but such a good electric feeling...and im not even gone yet! lol....im sure that when I am on my way out of cali with the rear view mirror displaying the cali life behind me it will be even more intense...I am glad that my buddy is gonna be with me...we have a long history before i came out to cali....but I feel good! I feel alive...

-Z-

• BFD
    BFD

Hey Z,

I am so glad to hear that your moving on with a new outlook on life. NYC and a job! Wow, good for you. I am so happy for you. Have a safe trip cross country and hopefully we can meet at a NYC meet-up one of these days.

Congratulations, Z !

BFD

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Never mind the journey- just be at peace with your mom,ok?

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Hey Z,

I'm glad to hear from you and that things seem to be going fairly well for you. Take things with your mom 1 day at a time.

As for NYC, I love NY. I think it's great that you already have a job lined up. As for advise, " you can't get VD from a toilet seat" not matter what state you are in .

Love ya kid, take care of yourself and check in once you get settled there.

nj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit