Rene Portell

by Jeepthing 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeepthing
    Jeepthing

Anyone here recognize this name? She just passed away last night. She was battling with cancer.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

This subject line popped at me this morning off the front page....imagine seeing someone's name you know...as soon as I seen the name I knew what the topic would be

I know Rene and her family....I had heard she had cancer, but I did not know it had advanced this quickly, just that it she did not have much time. What a sweet lady.

for her family.......

You have a PM

Snakes ()

• r.a.m.
    r.a.m.

Thank you for posting this. My mom just told me that she was dying a few days ago. And I woke up this morning and saw this. I am very sad. Las night I dreamed about her. I was talking to her about her mom dying, but her mom was her. Then I went to a kingdom hall but it wasn't for a meeting or a funeral. It was some weird thing. My family went with me. And Rene's sons were there selling t-shirts and a bunch of other stuff in the lobby. I went up to them to try to tell them how sorry I was. They kind of didn't talk to me, and I figured it was because of me not really being a witness anymore. They were just weird toward me. The whole thing was strange. I'm thinking of going to the funeral. Would that be disrespectful? Are you going, Jeepthing?

• Jeepthing
    Jeepthing

Yes, I think I am going to the memorial on Sunday. There is no funeral just memorial at the kingdome hall and visiting after. I feel funny because we are always there for funerals only. I knew about her illness but didn't know it was this bad. No one at the hall has been talking to us since we didn't go to memorial for first time this year. I called one friend last night and talked her for long time. I have been very busy with family and other things so I just haven't had time to keep up with anyone there or here. I guess I see you there. My girls seen her boys here and there and they are always nice and friendly towards them. I haven't seen anyone there for while so I don't know what kind of treatment I would get. I wasn't going to go but changed the mind. We were pretty close and she was very supportive when I was going through tough times. I just feel bad that I wasn't there for her. I wanted to but her hubby is kinda mad at mine so we stayed away. A lot of bitter sweet moments between us over jw teachings. Her hubby was into witch hunting for while and mine was on his list to go after while back. We did not end it too friendly. Many things happen to between us so I wasn't sure I wanted to go but I think I will just show our condolence to boys. I like them and my kids and her kids grew up together. We had many good times and were pretty close before outbreak of hunting apostates in this area. Right now I am little frustated with all because of stupid silent rules or out right jw rules I wasn't able to go see her as I would have done. Guess, I will see you there.

Hi SITT,

I know you(not personally but from SM). We go to that church once in while. We were there last Sunday. My hubby grew up with SM and their fathers were friends. My hubby's brother is a director of music at that church. What a small "Wrold"!!!!!! He mentioned you (not names or anything personal) just when he was talking about cults and topics relating to it. We were wondering about who you are. We have to get together sometime. Very interesting. I will pm you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit