Why is it so easy.............................

by 2112 7 Replies latest jw friends

for the WT to make changes in their "truth" so often. We all know about the blood changes, and the generation changes, etc. I was thinking that they are so hungry for some "proof" that Jehovah is feeding them that they just embrace everything and anything. Some don't even know what changes have been made, which leads me to another question. If a JW was to die today believing that the 1914 date, and the 1935 anointed cut off dates are still Jehovahs final word, even though they have been officially changed by god. Would they be lost foreve since they we not believing what the FDS says they are to believe?

• JK666
    JK666

They dispense the new light so smoothly, most JW's don't even catch the changes. The September KM went under most of their heads.

As for what happens when we die, I'll trust God to sort it out over the old farts in Brooklyn.

JK

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

If they died today or even yesterday, God will treat them as they deserve, with loving compassion and with the His forgiveness for their ignorance. It's not our fault when we are directed on the wrong path. Nobody is perfect and God knows that. He's gracious with all of us.

LINDA

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Well said RE!

I fully agree that God will read our hearts and judge us accordingly. What I was refering to was how the JW's look at it. If you don't believe everything the society teaches, and change as they change, you are not worthy of life.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

• *summer*
    *summer*

If God came as a human on earth, i wonder where He would find the Truth. But one thing I know for sure...He would not be a GB member!

• REBORNAGAIN
    REBORNAGAIN

They would probably consider them to be Apostates for not believing the New Light! They may have died thinking they were doomed for forever too.

LINDA

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

It's so easy because they have successfully created a self-sustaining machine, fueled primarily by fear.

Fear of not being up-to-date with the "newest light" (therefore the need to study often and attend all meetings).

Fear of starting to doubt (and the consequences that may have).

Fear of disappointing Jehovah (in not closely following His organization).

Fear of being 'ridiculed' or even 'turned in' by other JWs for not believing it all.

Fear of not having been a 'good enough' JW when Armageddon arrives.

"New light" extinguishes "old light" (even though Russel stated the opposite).

That said, JWs do not fear new light - they embrace it. It means their org. is dynamic, and that Jehovah is still leading them. Too bad Jehovah is changing his mind so often. But that is explained by the fact that he is forced to use imperfect humans to relay this new light.

-As for what Jehovah would say if a person died not believing the details of the most current 'new light'; I think if you asked a JW, they'd say that that person would still be resurrected, both because death is payment for sins, and because Jehovah is so loving etc. Strangely enough - if you don't believe the current teachings and say so openly while you're alive and active, you'll be disfellowshipped. And what happens to a disfellowshipped person at Armageddon? Exactly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit