New understanding of generation: Another repeat of 1914

by truthseeker 3 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

No, this is not another thread on who said what at the Annual meeting but...

I had a thought that what the GB are doing is resurrecting the old 1914 doctrine. How?

Well, even though they left the door open for more anointed to join, the average age of the remnant must be in the 80s.

What's the difference between this understanding and the 1914 Generation? Not much, except

that now Jesus is not talking about everyone who lived or experienced 1914, he's limited it to those who were of the anointed at that time.

The advantage of this "new light" is that the end seems much closer.

Some blamed the '94 Kingdom delay on lack of purifying, now they can just keep counting from that date and only apply the generation to the 8,000 remnant.

This has the effect of keeping alive "the sense of urgency"

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Hmm, interesting thought! Age is about right, in there 80s if they were at the age of understanding 14 years of age added to 1914. Urgency, well that makes sense for dysfunctional people sitting around focusing on the end to come and worrying about family members not being in the truth! when they should be enjoying life! Oh well let the dead worry about dead things. In reality that end did come in 70 A.D.

• bennyk
    bennyk
    now Jesus is not talking about everyone who lived or experienced 1914, he's limited it to those who were of the anointed at that time.

No. The "New Light" would seem to imply that the phrase "this Generation" refers to the Anointed in general, without any connection to a specific year.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I thought "this generation" was equated to all the wicked who reject Jehovah's salvation !!!

Now they're thinking of making "this generation" the anointed class? My head is spinning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit