Macaroni salid OT

by is there help out there 5 Replies latest jw friends

• is there help out there
    is there help out there

I was in the mood to make some macaroni salid to go with my lunch this week. So I typed it in and hit search and this is what I came up with Reply with quote TOP 10 REASONS TO EAT MACARONI #10 you can tell little children it's yellow candy #9 it grows mold slowly #8 some brands glow in the dark for those romantic meals #7 it's cheaper than prozac #6 it doesn't taste like brussel sprouts #5 protects fall if you nod off into dinner plate #4 if it clogs arteries, blood still flows thru little tubes #3 it works well with the Heimlich Manouver #2 noodles have no feelings #1 you can still eat it after your teeth fall out....

• wings
    wings

left over macaroni salad also works well as fish bait

• Watkins
    Watkins

You might try Googling "macaroni salad". Try http://www.recipezaar.com for some good recipes.

watkins

• Tara
    Tara

Hahaha. Too funny! I particularly like #7 and agree 100%. Comfort food. LOL.

• jgnat
    jgnat

LOL, I love those top ten! Macaroni and I have had an off-and-on again relationship. When I was a young mom, I wanted everything to be natural. That included that old staple, mac-and-cheese. I made it from scratch. I spent many futile years perfecting my recipe (stealing the ingredients on the cheez-whiz label. What DOES make it so orange and zesty?) until the day my children wrote in school that their favorite food was....KRAFT DINNER!

I gave up.

After that, there was all kinds of fake food in the fridge.

By the way, for that extra zip in your cheese sauce, try adding a little curry. To make it orange, paprika.

• eclipse
    eclipse

I prefer whole wheat pasta - complex carbs take longer to get metabolized as sugar.

I don't like eating white flour products.

Low nutritional value. Is turned into sugar immediately by your body,

Which then gets stored as excess fat if you don't burn it off right away.

It's like eating a donut without the extra sugar, but with the same effects.

Simple carbs also raise my blood sugar levels fast.

Which in turn make my pancreas produce too much insulin to try and level it out...

which makes me 'sugar crash' - hypoglycemia.

So I have to eat some cheddar cheese, or eggs, or some other protein to restore my blood-sugar levels.

BUT IT TASTES SO GOOOD! It's a ''comfort'' food, but starts a bad cycle in my body.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit