Word Changes in the 1961 NWT revision?

by Mebaqqer2 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mebaqqer2
    Mebaqqer2

Hello all,

Beginning at the beginning and making a short story long:

I tried to purchase Vol. 1 of "The New World Translation of the Hebrew Scriptures" (Genesis - Ruth) [1953] from one of Amazon's sub-dealers or whatever they're called. The package came, but they sent me "The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures" [1970 revision, 7th printing; the Green Bible]. I wrote the company telling them they sent me the wrong book. They told me they would be happy to give me a refund. All I would need to do is mail the book back.

Since the book they sent me sells for $3.00 from Amazon and I paid $16.50, what the company should have done was just take the hit and send me the book I had asked for (which was correctly printed on the invoice by the way). I mean, the point of ordering online is so that customers don't have to leave the house, etc. In the interest of customer service, they should have just taken the hit. I am not Jacob. I'm not going to put in more work to get "Rachel" after getting her sister. I know, I know. They got my money and so I have actually paid 5 times more for this book than I should have. So I am stupid; too lazy to mail it back and get my refund. Fine. Sorry to have rambled about that, Amazon's little feedback section didn't give me enough space to vent...

Anyways, looking at Rachel's sister, I noticed that pages 1445, 1446 has "A Listing of Outstanding Word Changes in the 1970 Revised Bible." Since this is the 2nd NWT revision, I was wondering if the 1961 edition has a similar list.

PS: I am on day 5 of not smoking so...

Mebaqqer

• yknot
    yknot

I have a 1961 green:

I am looking at the appendex and I don't see such a reference.

The only bold headings I have are

Scripture Verses Specifically Commented On and Subjects.

Sorry that is it.

CONGRATS ON THE 5 DAYS

Y

• Mebaqqer2
    Mebaqqer2

Thanks for looking that up for me Yknot. In the 1970 revision it is between the Scripture Verses Specifically Commented On and Subjects section and the Important Bible Words for Quick Reference section, it's unfortunate that the 1961 revision doesn't have the same thing. I have found a few for 1961 I wonder why they did it for the 1970 only (the 1971 and 1984 revisions also do not have such a list.)

By the way, and this is to all, can anyone list a specific example of change for the 1984 revision? Further, besides Hebrews 1:6 and the "let...worship" -> "let...do obeisance" stuff, does anyone have an example of change from the 1971 revision?

Just curious,

Mebaqqer

Thanks for the non-smoking support as well.->YKNOT

• JCanon
    JCanon
    PS: I am on day 5 of not smoking so...

HURRAY for you! Fortunately, I'm just not a smoker. I did it for other reasons than nicotine (i.e. to rebel!) but I'm off the ciggies now too. So hang in there.

Now, you may not be an actor or a crazie like me, but you know, one of the things that makes smoking addictive is that it forces you to have controlled, slow breathing and that in and all by itself is relaxing. So by all means include that in your withdrawal. Breathe deep, exale slowly and it will make you calm down and relax and reduce (IMHO) the withdrawal anxieties. Don't tell anybody, but sometimes I just pick up a pen or pencil and pretend to smoke on a yatch! I donono? I get a little something out of pretending. But maybe you're not as "artistic" (i.e. WIERD) as I am.

Anyway, hang in there. I know it's tough sometimes to quit. But your body will give up trying if you deprive it long enough!

JC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit