Ugh, just got out of a ride to tomrrow's assembly...

by B_Deserter 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Two recently married couples just offered to give me and my bro a ride to the assembly tomorrow. Ugh, I SO don't want to go, but my fade isn't going too well (considering I live with my gung-ho brother) and I need to keep up appearances, but I sure as HELL am not going the whole day. I have a feeling I'm going to wake up very, very late, and MAYBE catch part of the second half. Fading is hard. I am so tempted sometimes to just lay it out on the line for people. If only I didn't get talked into living with my brother. Ugh.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Hmmm...don't you just HATE that flu that's been going around? And so sad that you're feel so crummy just when you were getting all excited about the assembly? bummer.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Yep, fading and keeping up apperances can be hard for the first while. It does get easier. JW's tend to forget you once you start missing meetings. The calls get fewer and fewer, people ask about you less and less.

Hope you can avoid atleast some of tomorrow!

BB

• zeroday
    zeroday
    If only I didn't get talked into living with my brother. Ugh.

And you're living with your brother WHY?????????

• *summer*
    *summer*

all i read on this site sure makes me think...and think some more.

• blondie
    blondie

Can you arrange different living arrangements. It is hard to fade when you live with a gung ho jw. I can see the special difficulty if that person is your marriage mate but I don't think the bond is as strong with your brother. Can you afford to live on your own? Can you find a non-jw roommate that is responsible?

The best thing to do is make your own decisions but not "explain" them. Just say that is what you feel you need to do. Just thinking about going to an assembly makes me want to heave.

Love, Blondie

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is why the Witlesses want people to live and work with each other. They know that if you have another Witless living with you or you work for or with one, it makes it that much harder to fade without having someone rat you out to Brother Hounder. Miss one meeting with a Witless roommate, and he will rat you out if you do not have a good excuse. And, to make things worse, if you go to college or try to increase your income, your work- or roommate will rat you out and make it almost impossible to work things out. Houndings will come as you are on your way to class or work, and they will do all they can to stop you from getting a better career (you have time for school, you have time to pioneer).

If you can afford to get out of this living arrangement, I suggest doing so with all possible speed. Otherwise, your brother is going to make every effort to rat you out into donating all your moveout money to the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. If moving out is not possible now, then you are going to have a miserable time trying to get another job (that's time away from pioneering, plus you will be missing meetings). But, if you don't, your brother is going to have Brother Hounder basically recapture you, using your brother, into the organization. And that's what you do not want.

all i read on this site sure makes me think...and think some more.

And think you must at this stage. It is much easier to slither out now than to get baptized and then try. If you drop now, they will probably hound you, but it will be more of a pleading than trying to goad you into fulfilling an obligation. At this point, you can tell them that you found out about some of the blown prophecies and the bogus rules and regulations. They will probably drop you at that point, though I would not rule out another call when the territory is next done. Prepare to slam a few doors in their faces. But, it is much easier to drop out now than if you wait until you are in the pickle the person that started this thread is in.

Whatever you do, never, EVER, let another Witless be your roommate, boss, or co-worker. Once you do that, you are effectively trapped in the Tower. If you do progress and later decide to fade, the fewer ties you have, the better the chance of slithering out without incident.

• *summer*
    *summer*

Thank you much, WTWizard...

• changeling
    changeling

Go to brunch instead.

Sundays are for brunch!

changeling

• freyd
    freyd

Yup, once you're in, they own you. One thing you might want to ask the elders is why if partaking of Memorial Emblems is only for the anointed, why observe that prohibition on the one hand but yet be baptized on the other, when both were instructions given by Jesus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit