Home Witnessing, Did you ever eat at a house or apartment when offered?

by NotaNess 6 Replies latest jw friends

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

Ever get any invites to come in and eat or get offered breakfast or lunch, and you did it?

I think of the scripture of Jesus telling those that went before him to villages, to "eat what is offered to you".

Makes me want to have a bottle of pepperocinis on hand for a witness visit. Of course we know that JW's don't follow the scriptures as much as they claim to, so they wouldn't accept it.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

was in service with this brother back in the day and we had missed break time so we were STARVING.......... and this one brother said he had a RV that we could make and then we would go have lunch....... he went inside and almost 2 hours later he came out........... wipeing his mouth.

the lady inside was makeing her son and herself lunch and so invited him to stay.......... so while we starved outside curseing him lol he was chowing down on good homecooked food. lol

• Gopher
    Gopher

I usually only got offered food by people I called on regularly (return visits). I can think of 3 different times through the years when I had snacks or a meal. I thought it was good to accept their hospitality.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

I always feed the JWs that come to visit, and they have never refused! I even send "doggy bags" home with them of baking, etc. for later.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Many ,many, times... I was invited to lunch...& yes I accepted. One woman that I used to study with would always wanted the study in the a.m & then feed myself & my partner.... but when my daughter was getting married I invited her to the wedding ----she came only if she could serve at it for free..worked so hard too...I will always remember her kindness( Mrs Cornell in Montreal.)
    She used to put the JW lit: I left her ( after she read it) in her work place gave us glowing results of how others were interested..... She even asked if I could get someone a JW to give the talk at her brothers Funeral,,,which of course I did, Got a brother Glen Bryton( elder! to oblige ) of course it was to preach the kingdumb....Memories ,memories, UGH!!!!

• Nulite
    Nulite

Both my parents had people they studied with that would feed us whole meals. We also lived in an area where folks had lots of gardens and they would give you fruit and vegetables from their plots. Someone was always giving you food or something.

There were people I would not eat anything over their home, too filthy.

N.L.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I used to accompany my grandfather to a home bible study with an old Greek fellow named Pete (aren't they all?). He would insist we eat first and he cooked up really good, simple Greek dishes and poured each of us a glass of red wine. Sometimes we would actually study a couple of paragraphs after we'd eaten.

P.S. Just remembered, Pete always wore flannel shirts and his shoulders were always covered with dandruff and a few white hairs. Tried not to think about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit