Did all those refreshing moments/ideas make you cringe?

by Younglove1999 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Younglove1999
    Younglove1999

I have to admit- the idea of having to live forever and having to continue going to meetings 1,000 times a week and studying "the new scrolls" sounded so annoying and tiring and not at all refreshing and exciting! I honestly did not look forward to "it"

When discussing how exciting going to assemblies and conventions would be and how we'd always leave feeling rejuvinated and happy, I never did. It was such a pain in the you-know-what to have to make all the arrangments- go grocery shopping, figure out who'll watch the dogs all 18 hours of the day that I'm gone, pay for meals out, pay for hotels, get time off of work and so on. I HATED them.

Clapping when someone got baptized? Puh-leeze. I'm trying to eat!

and nothing annoyed me more than when the Memorial fell on a day that wasn't a normal meeting night. You mean an EXTRA night out that week?! Ugh!!!

how about you all? What are your moments that made you go

• changeling
    changeling

Thank you Younglove, for that much needed dose of reality!

I was just about to fall into a deep funk brought on by Gopher's thread right above yours.

You've snapped me right out of it.

Talk about "food at the proper time"!!!!!

I am in your debt.

changeling

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    When discussing how exciting going to assemblies and conventions would be and how we'd always leave feeling rejuvinated and happy, I never did. It was such a pain in the you-know-what to have to make all the arrangments- go grocery shopping, figure out who'll watch the dogs all 18 hours of the day that I'm gone, pay for meals out, pay for hotels, get time off of work and so on. I HATED them.

How many people did you ever hear say they felt refreshed and rejuvinated after an assembly??? Most people were only happy when the closing prayer was over!

BB

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

"How many people did you ever hear say they felt refreshed and rejuvinated after an assembly??? Most people were only happy when the closing prayer was over!"

I wouldn't know, I was always halfway to the parking lot by the time that last long-winded prayer got finished. One convention, the brother gave a SEVEN MINUTE prayer. Seriously. I wish they'd apply the "keep it short and simple" counsel but I guess when the crowd surpasses 5,000, massive showboating is necessary.

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

The idea of spending an eternity with a bunch of mindless drones sounded like as much fun as putting my hand in a vice and pulling out my fingernails with a pair of pliers . I never once thought it would be great to "Live on a paradise forever on earth" I always thought it would be great if there was some sort of change when we die.

• JK666
    JK666

It sounds as refreshing as glass shards in your bunghole.

JK

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

How "refreshing" to just meet other men. How "refreshing" to have signs telling you how to react, like "Keep Moving" and "Quiet". How refreshing to spend forever having someone else telling you everything you are allowed to do and when you are supposed to do it. How refreshing to be told that there are 225 songs you are allowed to listen to, but not in such concise language. How refreshing to be harassed afterward to do more service. Or, to have all your records and video games thrown away the following Monday, if not that very evening. Or having all your free time taken away for the next 6 months because of the counsel on more field circus. Or having to sit still in miserably hot weather for hours at a time.

The new scrolls will not be all that exciting. My prediction is that they will be so full of rules that absolutely every detail of your existence will be dictated by someone else, without anything happening to be there that's to your liking. Obey them, and live a stagnant, miserable existence where one person or being benefits and everyone else is miserable. Disobey even one tiny article, and you die. I hope this spoiler on those "new scrolls" is enough to cause millions to decide to take them and shove them.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

I hated it. Every single wasted minute of my shildhood.

Hated knocking doors, conventions, meetings, study. It's nice to know I wasn't alone!

tim

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Life in the so-called "New Order" seemed like high-apple-pie-in-the-sky to me. What's so refreshing about going to meetings every day of the week (since there wont be anyone to go out in field circus to convert).

Assemblies were just a way to lose a perfectly good weekend to a complete time-waster. Our poor dogs always suffered at Convention time ... even they were stressed out! It's sooooo great being able to do my own thing now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit