some people might find this offensive (rant)

by blueviceroy 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

I have had a thought. This thought is that maybe wbts is really an agent for evil. I know maybe not the most original thought . The way they cast doubt on your established belief that you have spent alot of effort to get and then attempt to replace it with thier own , the hard sell of an absolute reallity , only frauds, fools and lunitics deal in an absolute reality , that kind of stuff does more to ruin faith in a God than encourge it> Coersion with fear and the impalpable reward of something after our existence is like the carrot on the stick the horse never gets after working so hard all day. I'm dissapointed in organized religion as a whole and now I can get no peace. I have nothing but questions about thr true nature of reality and nothing I read hear or discuss satifies any of them> Is anyone else bothered by this desire to find an answer ?Its like a constant buzzing of a fly in my head that never goes away and borders on obsession.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Hi blue,

The true nature of reality is the obnoxious fly buzzing in the heads of most physicists. The more you study science, the more you realize that the true nature of reality is probably stranger than any metaphysical interpretation of the world.

• eclipse
    eclipse

I found nothing offensive about your 'rant'...

I thought it was based on reason

and is a view shared by many...

you are not alone in your quest for life's answers.

The only one I have is you are the captain of your own ship

You control your own destiny.

We are only here for a split second compared to the grand scheme of time and space,

make the best of it!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Blueviceroy,

Let me quote someone else who said a few years ago on this forum:

"I would rather have questions I cannot answer than answers I cannot question."

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I hear where your coming from Blue about the WTS it is probably why most people that leave the JWS leave religion for ever, putting people in mental limbo and frustration.

Most of them were really earnestly wanting to believe in god with a divine purpose for themselves and mankind either than what we endure now, myself included.

It's too bad God for some men is a commodity to be exploited and manipulated to endeavor their own gains. This what happened to the WTS. of JWS.

" I went to church one day to find and get closer to God but all I found there was man "

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Blueviceroy, good post. Been there too. I'll second what Gopher said.

Dave

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Great post, cool new avatar, bv.

Reality is out there somewhere.

Awareness beats living in a slumber.

Groucho Marx:

I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.

Henry Miller:

Reality is not protected or defended by laws, proclamations, ukases, cannons and armadas. Reality is that which is sprouting all the time out of death and disintegration.

Mason Cooley:

Reality is the name we give to our disappointments.

Phillip K. Dick:

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.

Salman Rushdie:

Reality is a question of perspective; the further you get from the past, the more concrete and plausible it seems -- but as you approach the present, it inevitably seems incredible.

Saul Alinsky:

As an organizer I start from where the world is, as it is, not as I would like it to be.

Sigmund Freud:

Illusions commend themselves to us because they save us pain and allow us to enjoy pleasure instead. We must therefore accept it without complaint when they sometimes collide with a bit of reality against which they are dashed to pieces.

Tom Clancy:

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Wallace Stevens:

Reality is the beginning not the end,
    Naked Alpha, not the hierophant Omega,
    Of dense investiture, with luminous vassals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit