You know that "Tom Boy" sister in your old hall?

by JeffT 6 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

I couldn't think of any of the gay guys that changeling mentioned in that thread, but there were some seriously tough gals in one of my old halls. Pioneered, never hung out with the other young single types. They displayed no interest in men, and even the desparate young males would have nothing to do with them. They seemed alone and sad to me.

This isn't confined to JW's. About twelve years ago while they were in high school one of my daughters friends came out to her strict Christian parents. They freaked out and she left the house for the night. They called us looking for her and expressed utter shock at what she'd told them. My wife and I had the same reaction: "Have you looked at your daughter?"

• tula
    tula

tom-cat?

• JK666
    JK666

I'd like to buy a vowel.

JK

• JeffT
    JeffT

Damn, I can't type at night. Hit enter too fast, it's there now.

You guys are quick, don't you have anything else to do?

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

I knew one that could bench press like a man, played tackle football with the guys (and hurt them), she was a tough, rugged farm girl. Very beautiful young woman though, also a very good singer, and in general just very pleasant to be around. Not interested in men at all, she was a pioneer, and last I knew she was still not married by her early 30's. She was a good friend and always was better friends with the guys than the girls, though she never pursued anyone.

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

I was always curious aout the sisters who dcided to reamain single, you know the type, "Jehovah is my husband now!" and would move in with each other for company. usually middle age but also some young sisters who made pioneering their life...

And then they'd start getting cats and stop 'courting' or caring about other men altogether. Not saying that all sisters in the category were gay but...

C'mon, kinda dykey. (and I can say it! but you can't.... it's an "in-group" thing)

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Yep, had one of those. She was married and in Bethel when she left her hubby for her female "bible study".

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit