Venting.....

by Bridgette 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Well, I came in this morning, prepared to write a glib little post regarding my “astrological findings”. But I find my heart too heavy to do so today. Perhaps it’s just the times—patriotic fervor sweeps over me. Perhaps it’s just my “delicate condition”, and the hormones that race through my body w/pregnancy. Maybe it's just me thinking with the reptilian part of my brain. Then again, perhaps it’s just plain sadness. Please allow me to vent, as we all do at times here on this board. It DOES help to be able to say ANYTHING without Big WTBTS Brother censoring.

There sits on my desk this morning’s paper with the picture of a young Wyoming, mountain boy, the first of what I fear will be many casualties in this endeavor. At the same moment, there sit in my waiting room, 3 young men, fresh out of high school, waiting to see if their lungs are fit for military service. We are getting more and more of these kids. Young, brave, maybe naïve men, willing to fight and die for us. I do feel this time is different. We were attacked on our own soil. The loss of civilian life was monumental. This is far from over, I fear. Anyone with teenage sons—anyone with prepubescent sons and daughters, please go hug them. Show them everyday you love and cherish them. It could be them going off to the Middle East. It could be you or I, getting our lungs pureed by Anthrax. We cannot be crippled by fear, but we should be more aware of the sacredness of life.

Now, a note about spiritual harlotry. I know, a seeming change of subject, but, bear with me. I hope someone will refresh my memory of what constitutes spiritual harlotry according to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society a.k.a. Jehovah’s Witnesses' doctrine, because it has been a while for me, and I never really paid attention to their ranting and ravings against the governments, anyway. I always loved my country, even as a little girl forced to sit out for the pledge—I don’t know, maybe I was a US soldier in another life? I do recall, a graphic picture of a whorish woman sitting atop a beast, in quasi sexual manner, and another one of the same woman dancing suggestively with a “kingly” looking man. The connotation being that she was any religious organization who used the earthly governments to further her own ambitions.
    Well, this is where I always got upset. Jehovah’s Witnesses were allowed to conceptualize, and propagate under the government of the United States. I simply cannot see it being started and growing, in, oh, lets say for arguments sake—the Islamic MIDDLE EAST! Is the U.S. a saintly bastion of liberty, and justice for all globally? Sadly, I do not think so, entirely. But, many of its citizens aspire to be. I do believe it has the greatest potential to be, and if I have anything to do with it, it WILL be. Okay, so, this organization, the WTBTS, while bragging that she is the ONLY religion who does NOT fornicate with the governments, is covertly riding the United Nations (in her teachings, the beasts to end all beasts—THE DISGUSTING THING IN THE HOLY PLACE!—gasp!). Should we be surprised? She has been riding her paramour, (her first customer), the United States, for ages; hiding behind him and his laws anytime she feels the least bit threatened. Does anybody see the irony here? Does anybody remember hearing the horrid tales of brothers being exploited, er, I mean martyred in expendable countries like, Malawi, Cuba, etc? They were just doing their “Christian duty”. But try to get the U.S. witnesses to wear ID badges in a small town in Ohio—and hark! Persecution!-—you can’t do that to us—IT’S OUR RIGHT, by the constitution of (say it with me) the United States of America. Right to do what? Preach?-—no one’s disputing that. Oh, I WANT you to preach. I am part of a global organization (another one of the beasts you sit astride?) that protects your right to preach and worship freely throughout the globe. I send money that provides legal defense, I write letters, etc. Not because I agree with what you say, but because I avidly agree with your RIGHT TO SAY IT, anywhere on earth. So PREACH-PREACH-PREACH!!! Now, here’s the hard part. You have to be honest. No, I mean completely honest—from the get go. In fact, I’d like to see a return to the placard style witnessing, let’s bring back the radio witnessing! And I want you to show the world that you are: “Jehovah’s Witnesses” and PROUD OF IT. What have you got to hide? I want you to tell the world exactly what you teach about the governments. Continue enjoying her laws, please, that's what we're all about. Laws that are defended to the death by young boys like those sitting in my waiting room (surely, you don’t think the Taliban or Terrorists would give a flying fuck that you think wearing ID badges violates your rights? They want you to bow to Allah with the same fervor you want them to bow to Jehovah, and they have more guns than you—that’s why you have to hide behind us). How would you like to try to run your fat cat organization under the constraints of an Islamic Government? Little like being left, devastated, and naked, and plundered, just like………you know who. So, again I say, PREACH, go to court—I insist, because these rights you enjoy have been hard won and defended. Just remember, these freedoms are paid for with real blood. Real, life has and will seep out of young, willing bodies, so that you can continue to preach that the government they are fighting for is a minion of Satan. So, when you approach a potential convert, tell them first of all that, you are a Jehovah’s Witness (say it with pride). Tell them that unless they convert AND get baptized as Jehovah’s Witnesses, renounce their government, your god is going to slaughter them at Armageddon.
    Just be honest.
    Pax,
    Bridgette

• Seeker
    Seeker

Vent away! That's what this place is for...

No, I mean completely honest—from the get go. In fact, I’d like to see a return to the placard style witnessing, let’s bring back the radio witnessing! And I want you to show the world that you are: “Jehovah’s Witnesses” and PROUD OF IT. What have you got to hide? I want you to tell the world exactly what you teach about the governments.

I agree. One of the downsides to the mainstreaming that is happening with the WTS is the loss of their stark identity. They used to stand for something come hell or high water. Now they skulk around the back rooms of governments, cutting deals with the fat cats. This sure wasn't MY WTS, but it is the wave of the future. Just as the Catholic church signed a concordat with Hitler's government (and got hell to pay from the Witnesses for doing so), today's Witnesses are signing whatever they can, as fast as they can, as long as their assets are left alone. Just like the Catholics they condemn.

Hypocrites!

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

I agree it is a shame. Why have so many religions if they are all going to be the same?

At least with the Witnesses and Mormons, etc., they have more of a distinct identity...even if the general population may look down on them.

• arkangel
    arkangel

I appreciate your letter very much. The WTBTS is just like all the other religions in the world because they preach one thing and do another. Once the door has been opened into their bedroom they are exposed for the harlot they are. Thank you for your thoughts.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Bridgette,

EXCELLENT post!

I have children ranging in age from 17-12. I have been thinking since this all happened that the question is not really "Would I go?" as I, too, feel that this was an attack on sovereign soil of such great magnitude and evil that it cannot go unpunished. The question is "Would I be willing to send my son/daughters?" My son has already said he would go (he's still far too young). I am thinking I would support his decision to join the military. Admittedly with a heavy heart, but I would support his going to prevent further criminal abominations.

For many years, I, too, have been cognizant of the fact that the WTBTS has such great freedom to operate as they do because of the blood shed in behalf of said freedom. I always (covertly) donated to the Veterans when they have their November poppy sales (although I did not wear the poppy). I felt an obligation to respect and honor the men who fought for my benefit, even if I thought war to be a horrible thing. I have always felt conflicted on this. Perhaps because I wasn't raised a JW. Instead, I had an ex-Marine for a father, a long-time reservist until Adult Onset Diabetes sidelined him. He was quietly patriotic and believed in duty and honor.

The case in Ohio is ludicrous. There is nothing against God's Law in having to register for a permit. I have posted my opinion on this in that thread and pointed out the support for my view in their own publications.

Yes, American (and their allies') blood will be shed so that the WTBTS can continue to spout its unique message of hatred couched in "love of neighbor" terms. The hope they hold out -- worse, claim that GOD holds out -- to mankind is that billions now living will surely die (if they don't become one of us). Because American patriots believe in fighting for EVERYONE'S right to speak freely, even deceitful, lying, spiritual whores as the WTBTS has proven itself to be.

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

• Tina
    Tina

Greetings All!
    Excellent food for thought in this thread.Thank you! luv,Tina

(in best police voice)
    You have the right to remain stupid. Anthing you write can and will be ignored.

• larc
    larc

Bridgette,

You write really well when you are pissed. It was good for us to read, and I hope it was good for you to write it.

• bboyneko 2
    bboyneko 2
    I agree. One of the downsides to the mainstreaming that is happening with the WTS is the loss of their stark identity. They used to stand for something come hell or high water. Now they skulk around the back rooms of governments, cutting deals with the fat cats. This sure wasn't MY WTS, but it is the wave of the future. Just as the Catholic church signed a concordat with Hitler's government (and got hell to pay from the Witnesses for doing so), today's Witnesses are signing whatever they can, as fast as they can, as long as their assets are left alone. Just like the Catholics they condemn.

Ever read George Orwell's Animal Farm? In it the pigs revolt against humans and demonize them..at the very end of the novel the barnyard animals sneak up to the farmhouse to spy on the pigs..and they had become humans! standing on two feet, wearing clothes, etc etc. THis is what the watchower society is doing..selling out.

• peacepipe
    peacepipe

((((Bridgette))))

This is surely the place to let out steam. Thanks for sharing. I always look forward to reading your posts!!

What kind of office do you work in? Are you a Dr?, Nurse? Secretary?

I love the movie "The Patriot" with Mel Gibson and that other babe: Heath Ledger : Anyhow, I watch that movie over and over because I am mesmerized by how the movie portrays in its charachters the strong will, determination and willingness to give ones life for a cause they believe in so much they'd die for it. I don't remember getting that picture in High School Social Studies. The teachers just didn't give history any real meaning. But anyhow, that movie makes me think alot about patriotism to ones country. Ever since 9/11 I've had a hard time figuring out just what you've mentioned in your post. How can someone enjoy all the freedoms their country has to offer and then say "I'm Neutral" and show no gratitude towards our past relatives and countrymen who suffered and died so we can live this way!!! Paying your taxes and being a "good citizen" is hardly showing gratitude. Now I am nothing in the way of doing anything significant for my country but I just have a very hard time rationalizing this JW concept.

I've also lately been sad because of deaths reported in this war. Especially those of innocent Aphgan people who are just trying to eak out an exsistence and are being hurt because of something I'm not so sure they really have much say in. But such is life I guess in the wings of war. I don't know really.

Maybe once I can change myself into a better person I can start working on the rest of the world.?????? Don't have to change you though Bridgette, I like you just the way you are.

Anyhow, that's my 2 cents on the subject. Hope your mood lifts soon!

Hoping happy days are ahead!

Peacepipe

PeacePipe

Lift me up, I've had enough. . .Tom Petty
  • Bridgette
    Bridgette

((Peacepipe and All)) Thank you so much for your kind words. I too, am hurting and sorely conflicted over the loss of civilian life in Afghanistan like you and many others. I do not wish to forget the innocent civilians who died in WTC, nor turn a blind eye to the suffering of civilians in Afghanistan. In the end, it's a clash of the Titans, and innocents suffer. I do not subscribe to biblegod's "eye for an eye". But mostly the citizens I see being targeted in this conflict are US citizens by bio-terrorism. *sigh* there's still so much to sort out. I don't wish to alarm anyone, but the homefront threat of bioterrorism is one that vastly alarms myself and others (though, I'm not a Dr., I closely associate with them-dep office manager/working on my bachelors in Nursing). Just be careful, my friends. They (the CDC/medical community) will get this all sorted out, but it may take a major outbreak (MAJOR) and much loss of lives before they know how to handle it properly. Your city or the community in which you live, should have some contingency plans in place.
    Thank you to all who read this cathartic post. I felt the need to purge yesterday. It really does help. I felt much better after having written this.
    Love,
    Bridgette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit