Christmas VS. Jehovah's Witnesses Dolls, Figurines!

by Sarah Smiles 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Raised as one of Jehovah's Witness I was taught that Christmas was pagan! One reason was the miss use of false images of Jesus and Mary. The Catholic church members bowed down to the image of Mary and Jesus. However, how about the images ones sees in a most Jehovah's Witnesses homes? I know that the Hebrews' decorated their walls, so I do not call a picture an image or a group of flowers on the wall. How about dolls? They were first introduced as an image s to give to pagan's children so they would know their false gods. How about a sculpture of a woman in man? or a pair of birds, perhaps a humming bird? How abut image of angels? I think that an image is what God said in Exodus 20:

3 You must not have any other gods against my face.

4 “You must not make for yourself a carved image or a form like anything that is in the heavens above or that is on the earth underneath or that is in the waters under the earth.

5 You must not bow down to them nor be induced to serve them, because I Jehovah your God am a God exacting exclusive devotion, bringing punishment for the error of fathers upon sons, upon the third generation and upon the fourth generation, in the case of those who hate me; 6 but exercising loving-kindness toward the thousandth generation in the case of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Most Jehovah's Witness claim that a sculpture they have in their house is not an image because they are not bowing down to it! therefore it has no purpose! Also they always state God's name but state we are not under the Mosiac Laws. They will mostly claim that it all has something to do with heart felt feeling toward an object, as well as the use of verse 3 which states "You must not have any other gods against my face" therefore it is a continuing statement and 4 should not be alone. Back to the subject, in Exodus 20:4 it is obvious like the kings who did not take down the idols from the high places if thesurrounding nations did not make them to begin with they would have never bowed down to something they did not carve or make. Explain this scripture to any Jehovah's Witnesses they will dismiss it. So, I disagree with Jehovah's Witnesses miss applying Exodus 20:4.

Jehovah's Witness will rebuttal and claim that it goes with Exodus 20:5 You must not bow down to them. Which gives them an excuse for owning idols! The main theme through out the OT is idol worshipping. Some of the kings did not worship in high places but they did not do what was right in God's eyes. It was simple they only had to take the images down.

There is nothing right about images, God just points out how much of a devotion he does expect from his people. I know it is hard and we as Christians are bon barded with Images! we even desire them. I was walking in the store and saw a cute figurine of a bird, that is how easy it is to get caught up and go against YHWH who is a invisible God who is not made of wood or stones!

In my view point, the Jehovah's Witnesses have committed the worse sin of them all and that is allow their children to play with dolls and owning sculptures and images in the likeness of heavens or earth.

All though, all are under the salvation of Jesus death! Does the Jehovah's Witnesses believe in images? I say Yes! dolls, images in their yards, images in their houses of heavens and under the earth like a fish sculpture.

Now, I am sympathic about how easy it was for the Levitical priesthood and the people of Israel,kings,who did not take the images off the high places but they had a good heart! Like Christians today, Israelite people had desires and enjoyed idols in the high places as well as idols in images of humans, dolls, and figurines for decorating their tables. Although, Christians do not have high places, we enjoy walking in store and desire ownership of cute figurines and dolls. How advanced are we if we know all the facts, but still can not even do one simple thing for YHWH!

JDUBS if you are reading this topic, How much are you paying attention to What God Wants? How can you draw close to God if you are still acting like twelve tribes of Israel and can not even take your images out of you homes!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There are even more blatant examples of images around. Every single piece of literature from the Puketower Society has the Watchtower trademark on it. Many, if not most (and all newer) Kingdumb Hells also have an image of this tower somewhere on its property, usually in the form of a sculpture in front of the Hell.

There are other images on the inside. Most of the literature features images of that "paradise", which is one man's depiction of paradise. There are often murals and artworks in Kingdumb Hells and A$$embly Hells that depict the very same thing. This seems to be trademark. Even more blatant is that this is the image that the God-machines are programmed to daydream about all the time. It is the fairytale ending that they are supposedly working toward. In effect, it is an idol, since they are doing works toward it and they are spending their whole lives focused on that image of paradise.

Probably more important yet is that they are worshiping an organization. That Watchtower sculpture and the paradise images represent the Watchtower Society, and that is the real idol. And they have their whole lives run by that organization, right down to the many local variants of rules. (And they claim that flying a flag is idolatry because there are a few rules that, when followed, prolong the life of the flag and maximize the effect). When you follow any rules because the Watchtower Society uses that paradise image to scam you into following, you are effectively using that image to worship the Watchtower Society (of course, obeying a rule because it makes no sense to start doing drugs or smoking or because you cannot physically commit a specific "sin" is not worship because you would be doing it Tower or no Tower).

And Christmas is a prime example. Most people who come in from the world into the Tower have Christmas decorations--they are common even among atheists and antitheists as well as Christians. And, they are told that, because the Tower view is that celebrating Christmas equals worshiping the sun and the Devil, they are to refrain from doing it. Thus, even having the decorations in your house is "touching the unclean thing". So, in deference to the Watchtower idol, the Christmas decorations go in the trash. Perfectly functional decorations sacrificed to the idol of the Watchtower Society. Memories, a break in the routine, and plenty of fun are also demanded by this idol as sacrifices. Could it be that, when we comply and throw away those sun-worship decorations, that we are in effect committing new idolatry and worshiping Ted Jaracz or Joseph Booze Rutherford?

• PinTail
    PinTail

I love Christmas always have from the time I was a kid, even if being a Witness would not let me have a tree, but now I can, neener neener.

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

It makes you wonder if the Watchtower which is suppose to be a tower and a watcher watching in the night, but maybe it really is Nimrod's tower!

• Jringe01
    Jringe01

In all of this you forget the fact that at God's order the Temple in Jerusalem was decorated with bulls (holding up a basin), angles etc.

They have a point. Am image of any kind is just that, an image. It's only when you start to venerate it that it becomes an idol.

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Pin Tail cute tree with Santa Claus. YOU did not make it if you cut the darn thing down, so it really is not an image! It is real!

A picture is not consider a statue! Did you carve the tree? NO

• greendawn
    greendawn

In the JW way of arguing it is the way one approaches something that matters and certainly no one thinks of Christmas as a pagan celebration even if it originated with the pagans. That's what their sick mind thinks people feel ie that Christmas is to be celebrated as a pagan occasion.

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

I am going to celebrate Christmas this year because I do not think it is pagan or orginated with the pagans!

My point it that Jehovah's Witness seem to think that figurines are ok as well as dolls yet they are pagan and originated with pagans. Even God warned about making idols but he did not make one of his commandments about celebrating his the mark of his the Messiah birth! If I am wrong let me know!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit