Old light?

by logic 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• logic
    logic

Watchtower August 15. 1968 First paragraph. Article , why are you looking to 1975

WHAT about all this talk concerning the year 1975? Lively discussions , some based on speculation, have burst into flame during recent months among serious students of the Bible. Their interest has been kindled by the belief that 1975 will mark the end of 6,000 years of human history since Adam’s creation. The nearness of such an important date indeed fires the imagination and presents unlimited possibilities for discussion.

Looks like the society should have had their new policy about private discusions in place back then. Another case of the society being full of crap.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Back in 1968, the WTS had their leading prophet Freddie Franz (then WTS Vice President) writing all these crazy weird things in the publications and firing up the 1975 speculation.

The WTS was WAY AHEAD of its rank-and-file in terms of imagination and speculation.

Nowadays they don't have their prophet and so the WTS publications are dreary rehashes of stale doctrine along with emphasis on loyalty and hatred of apostates.

No wonder the rank-and-file is getting bored and restless, and want to do some more investigation on their own. It's human nature.

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles
    Nowadays they don't have their prophet and so the WTS publications are dreary rehashes of stale doctrine along with emphasis on loyalty and hatred of apostates.

Gopher how true is that one! People should really read old books and see how they just rewrote the old light to appeal modern. For example, Rutherfords group speaking in tongues, see Riches book, who are now dead in heavens according to the WTBTS. Now they are the John Class who are sending flashes of divine light, channeling,see R.I.G.C.I.A.H., to the 8,800 remaining earthly John Class! It is all fiction! but the people at the kingdom hall reading the Revelation book will not understand that unless they read old books! Oh and the JDUBS(brothers and sisters) do not believe in channeling and speaking in tongues but it is in there books!

Weird writings never stopped they just had to find ways to sensationalize their doctrines and that was one of them! What they write and what the average Jehovah's Witness believe is different. When I was a Jehovahs Witness I knew nothing about channeling or that they spoke in tongues!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit