John Doe, Daystar!!!!!!!!!!

by lola28 5 Replies latest jw friends

• lola28
    lola28

Ok I just finished reading the Dark Tower last night and all I can is is:Booooooooooooooooooooo

I cried and cried and cried, I knew my poor Eddie would die, Daystar how could you not warn me that my heart would be broken by Mr.King?

Lola

• changeling
    changeling

Have you read "Lisey's Story"?

• John Doe
    John Doe

But in the end, everything starts again. . .

• lola28
    lola28

I bought Lisey's story months ago and I can't get into it, I think this may be the first time I've had this problem with an SK novel.

Doe of course it starts over again, ka is a wheel, it still hurt to see Eddie die tho, "Thank you for my second chance Father".

How sad is that?

Lola

• John Doe
    John Doe

What did you think of how King wrote himself into the story? I thought it was brilliant--really blurred the lines between fiction and reality.

• lola28
    lola28

I know many disliked it, I thought it was brilliant and as he wrote he saved them and they saved him, all debts are paid. I was really touched by the way Roland grew, he became so much more human and I'd like to think that this will be his last time and that he will finally get it right. He did say that Oy would be the last he killed, that scene where he is touching Oy's dead body, that was heartbreaking.

On another note I think if I ever have a child and it's a boy I'm gonna name him Toren.

Lola

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit