I think this is progress

by crazy 7 Replies latest jw friends

• crazy
    crazy

Hi. Before I go any further I would like to thank all the people who responded to my two previous posts to offer support, advice and guidance. My ex-JW ex is now back in my life. I really was prepared to move on, but somehow he is back. Can't seem to get rid ot him though I did genuinely try. lol We are talking much more openly than ever before, as we have decided to be just friends for now. I do not know whether that will ever change and am happy to accept it. He is getting some counselling now, which seems to be helping him, to deal with issues, both JW and non-JW related.

Anyway, as I said we are talking more openly. He has said he talks with his daughter about birthdays and all these things and they went to the birthday party of his friend's son the other day and had cake and everything. The biggest thing though is that he said that his ex-wife is having doubts about the JWs. I am so excited about the prospect of his daughter possibly having a "normal" childhood. (sorry, couldn't think of a better word, though sure someone will come up with one for me). I do realise that this may be the start of a very long, slow process and nothing will change overnight, but it is a start.

For those on the forum who are Christians, please include us in your prayers. I believe very strongly in the power of prayer.

Thanks to everyone.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Crazy,

That is wonderful! Welcome to the forum!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Sounds like excellent news, may God bless you all.

• dobbie
    dobbie

Hiya Crazy! Am glad things seem to be getting better for you at the moment! Its great that your ex is getting some counselling as well, for all his issues, and sounds hopeful for his daughter, esp if he can talk to her about birthdays and things. Take care Debx

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

I am not a Christian, but my prayers are just as powerful for you, since they are sincere.

Hope everything works for you.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hey not-so Crazy, welcome to the forum.

Good to hear in the upswing in friendship with your ex-JW friend. I'm sure your friendship will be helpful through whatever he's going through now.

I can't think of a better term than "normal" for the type of childhood a non-JW would have. Not that it applies universally, there's a lot more to normalcy than avoiding cultish influence, but it's an important ingredient. ("Normal" is easier to say than "unaffected by strange cultish religion".)

And (in place of prayer) will you accept "warm thoughts" from this friendly atheist poster?

• crazy
    crazy

Thanks for all your comments. It is all encouraging. I am happy to accept prayers from Christians and non-Christans and "warm thoughts" or anything else you wish to give from anyone here. Thanks for any and all support.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    He is getting some counselling now, which seems to be helping him, to deal with issues, both JW and non-JW related.

That's a big step from last time. I think some of the warm wishes from JWD have been rubbing off. If he's going to be around long-term, both of you need to get educated a bit. Do you think he would be open to reading "Crisis of Conscience"?

http://www.amazon.com/Crisis-Conscience-Raymond-Franz/dp/0914675044

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit