so very sad

by bigdreaux 6 Replies latest jw friends

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

i was watching videos on you tube. when i came acroos this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-40YmWfg9sQ i came across this statement.

The Bible may not come right out and say that birthday parties are bad. Thats why we have the Faithful and Discreet Slave (God's channel of communication) that tells us what the Bible really meant to say on this subject. You are nothing but a dirty apostate if you question the "Slave."

• Kudra
    Kudra

Ha ha. That sounds like one of the comments that I put in those YouTube comment sections.

I do this because it is putting down in print what JWs REALLY believe but would never say out loud, you know, the "unwritten" rules...

I hope that the dubs will read that and it will shock them into realizing how senseless their religion really is.

-K

• JK666
    JK666

A good little JW needs a frontal lobotomy

JK

• tula
    tula

A witness once told me that the reason birthday parties are not acceptable is because John the Baptist got his head cut off at a birthday party. And thats the reason. I don't know if that belief is held by all or if she made it up. You all tell me.

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

Yep, Tula, that's the line I always spewed as a good little Dub.

brunn

• Mackin
    Mackin

All the time I was growing up John the Baptist's head being cut off was the reason i was told JW's don't celebrate birthdays. Oh and Pharaoh's baker lost his head too in some kind of prophetic fantasy IIRC. What suckers we all were.

• ness
    ness

and something about the pagan origins...i think the blowing of the candles was to ward of evil spirits or some such...meh i dont remember anymore...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit