Does it give you a creepy feeling when ...

by Frequent_Fader_Miles 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

You hear a voice being projected over a loud speaker or microphone? I instantly get a creepy flashback to Assemblies, Conventions and meetings ... sends shivers through my body.

• BrentR
    BrentR

Only if the sound system is crappy like every assembly I remember was.

• chelsea
    chelsea

That was the feeling i had INSTANTLY when i listened to the John Kerry speech... before the "question."

• Ex Nihilo
    Ex Nihilo

Ugh. Its self conditioning.

"Oh a voice! Must find my seat!"

I was in long enough to have it put into my DNA. Heh heh.

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I sell on ebay and they have a new slogan posted "Shop Victoriously" My husband thinks it's a Stupid Slogan; I think it reminds me of Titles of Talks at Assemblies.

• nsrn
    nsrn

I thought that, too, about the 'shop victoriously' slogan--it's the font and everything!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That's one advantage of working at a supermarket. You hear voices on the PA system so often that you associate it with that instead of the a$$emblies. Of course, if you wash windows, you do not get that benefit.

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

Hell, I get a creepy feeling whenever I visit someone's house and ring the doorbell! Haa Haa haa! I sometimes ask them if they'd like the latest edition of the Watchtower and Awake! magazines when they answer! Talk about a Pavlovian repsonse to a bell!!!!! Jeez, sometimes it sucks to be me! LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit