Coffee time?

by Ex Nihilo 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Ex Nihilo
    Ex Nihilo

When you used to go out in service (or if you still do) what was the coffee time? That's the time that you usually look at your watch and say "Oh hey let's go for coffee then do a few more!"...or worse...did you not take one in morning service?

Where I come from at 11am every coffee shop fears waves of Jehovah's witnesses coming in. It got so bad at a few shops they had to start being rude to them to get them to leave.

• oompa
    oompa

1030 cause we met at 830 or 900. Dunkin Donuts was my Christmas. One of the few good memories of childhood, esp. on weekends. I prayed to be sick so I could watch cartoons.

why could I not have pagan parents.....oompa

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

OOMPA,

If you had Pagan Parents, growing up, they might not have celebrated Christmas because of the Christianity involved. And then you could have had normal Christian Parents who recognized Christmas.

Sorry you missed it.

pa·gan –noun

1.one of a people or community observing a polytheistic religion, as the ancient Romans and Greeks.
    2.a person who is not a Christian, Jew, or Muslim.
    3.an irreligious or hedonistic person.

–adjective

4.pertaining to the worship or worshipers of any religion that is neither Christian, Jewish, nor Muslim.
    5.of, pertaining to, or characteristic of pagans.
    6.irreligious or hedonistic.
  • Gopher
    Gopher

It was about 10:45 a.m., never later than 11 a.m. for our service break. We were in the city with a lot of "golden arches" or "BK"s, we often did lunch during the service break, to go on calls at about 11:15 or 11:30. Noon - -quitting time !!

• mind my own
    mind my own

Usually around 11:00 was coffee time. I remember that is all I looked forward to!!!

MMO

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

It's funny that muslims, sikhs, hindus, and athieists , all celebrate Christmas in our neck of the woods. Just not Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit