Anyone from the Modesto or Tracy Calif. area?

by angeleyes71 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• angeleyes71
    angeleyes71

Just wondering if there are any DF's or DA's in my area that I can talk to. I was DF'd in Tracy then moved to Modesto where I still live.

• oompa
    oompa

Emy, just read your posts, sorry I missed them earlier, and Welcome. I too appreciated how the folks at this site really can understand and do care. Especially your first post, I am so sorry for the losses you still feel. Before I say this, I will let you know I did not read the other posts, cause I am at work and in a hurry. I am not df'd but my son is, and I have never bought into the whole shunning arrangement. That being said, you still feel this way after 2.5 years, and I do not see anything wrong with getting back "in" only for family/friends relations.

Many here disagree, but many also "fade" out for this very reason. Shunning sucks. Screw principle of "being yourself" and "standing up for your personal rights". It's been 2.5 years and you have a great husband. Add a few other pieces of the puzzle and you would probably feel much better. It is really easy to come back "in" in most places. Anyway, I love Modesto and of course Yosemite as I had a good friend I used to spend time with in Oakdale.

Good Luck (just love sayin it) and Best Wishes....oompa

ps-if you do not find local support, come here more, it is great therapy!

• truman
    truman

Hi, I am not far from those areas. I tried to send you a pm angeleyes, but I am not sure it went through. I would be glad to comunicate with you. I have been out of the org for about 6 years, after 27 inside.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    Just wondering if there are any DF's or DA's in my area that I can talk to. I was DF'd in Tracy then moved to Modesto where I still live.

I don't live in that area now but I did live in Tracy from 1963 to 1973. I have family in the Modesto Stockton Lodi area. I have been to the Tracy Hall years ago I DA'ed myself in 2004. Have a few dub cousins in the area.

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth
    Angeleyes71 said: Thank you to everyone who replied. I don't know any of you personally but for the first time in 3 years I feel someone understands and cares. I just talked to my husband about this. By the way, he is the "reason" for the DF'ing. He is a WONDERFUL man. He thinks the DF'ing process is cruel but other that that he is pretty objective. He does not like organized religion of ant kind (recovering catholic). I'm sure I will remain confused and scared(i will die at Armageddon)for a long time. Thank you again for making me feel cared about instead of dirty and unworthy. Do any of you believe in God at all and if so any other religion?

Angeleyes, I just read this post. I do not get on too much so I miss a lot. I would just like to encourage you. I am now inclined to agree with your husband. Organized religion does not have the franchise on God. You can worship God anywhere. My husband and I got out of the organization in 1983 (were disfellowshipped as apostates when we questioned.) We did not go to any church for almost 10 years. We have attended 3 in the last 15 years and have decided that it is not for us. This is not to say that there is anything wrong with attending a church, and there are a lot of caring, wonderful people there. We just found that we were tired of the politics. Joe was a pastor. We now worship God, as we did anyway, everyday. We enjoy our lives, help people, pray for people, do things with our family. God wants to be worshipped in spirit and truth. That means inviting him into your life. Let Him be Lord. Just ask Him what He wants. God is real. Don't judge Him by any organization. The Bible says: "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day" John 6:40. Do you believe that? If you do, you do not have to be afraid of Armageddon. Salvation is by faith and not by works. You do not have to serve as the WT says. Salvation if a free gift. We live in the Sacramento area. If you would like to contact us, our email is on our website at: www.geocities.com/veliveleth Will be praying for you. Love and hugs, Velta

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit