Has anybody been at those 1/2 hour public talk meetings?

by Cindi_67 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

I wonder if anybody out there has been to the Sunday meeting with the 1/2 hour talk followed by the Watchtower study? How does it work? Is the entire meeting still 2 hours but there is a 1/2 hour break in between parts? Or is the meeting now 1 1/2 hour long, without interruption?

• Thinking of Leaving
    Thinking of Leaving

I thought it wasn't until the new year?

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Right, it doesn't go into effect until 1-1-08 (wish it was immediate)

• Serg
    Serg

Yea next year's what I heard. I think they plan on making it 1hr 45mins long total. 30mins for the talk and the rest for the Tower study.

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

OOOOHHHHHH.

Thanks anyway.

• willyloman
    willyloman

30 min talk, 60 min WT study, plus the 3 songs and two prayers = 1:45 is the way I heard it, starting Sunday, January 6.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Though no one knows for sure until it starts, I don't see why they would need a break in the middle. That is, unless they are going back to allowing smoke breaks like they used to before they banned it in 1973. And since I don't see them reversing the smoking ban, there is likely no reason for a break.

What I think is more likely is that they will use the extra time for more field circus. If they get out 15 minutes earlier, that means they can get out in field circus that much sooner. They will still be expected to stay out as late, extending field circus by that 15 minutes. They wouldn't be that nice to allow people to watch football or to have children get a chance to catch up on school work or play time with that "extra" time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit