scriptures for the KM QB ??

by ush419 3 Replies latest jw friends

• ush419
    ush419

i am lookin for some scriptures to use in the question box bs for the svc mtng. other than examine the inspired expression what others can be used to show that research is needed. would appreciate any help. tks in adv.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Acts 17:10-11 As soon as it was night, the brothers sent Paul and Silas off to Beroea. On arrival, they went into the synagogue of the Jews. The people here were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica, since they welcomed the message with eagerness and examined the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.

Matt 18:20

For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there among them.

Here are just a couple of points that deserve every Jehovah's Witness' consideration:

"a few associates of our organization have formed groups to do independent research on Bible-related subjects"

The Watchtower Society doesn't even call them brothers and sisters, setting up the wall that will be erected when they cast them off for violation of their rules.

"so as to analyze the accuracy of the New World Translation. Others explore scientific subjects related to the Bible"

It is interesting to see how deep the fear is running on this in Brooklyn, New York. If the base population of JW's begin to recognise that the New World Translation is among the greatest frauds ever perpetuated in the name of Christian writ, the walls will begin to fall like Jericho.

"Jehovah provides what is needed so that all of God's people may be "fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought" and remain "stabilized in the faith."

Now we get to the crux of this article. UNITY of THOUGHT, mind control. In effect; put the Watchtower Society ahead of the Bible itself and all will be fine. [Didn't the Nazi's just suggest to the Jews that they were going to shower before retiring to the barracks?]

"Surely we are grateful for Jehovah's spiritual provisions in these last days. Thus, "the faithful and discreet slave" does not endorse any literature, meetings, or Web sites that are not produced or organized under its oversight."

As if this should really be important to anyone who truly loves the Bible. Why is there no mention of the 'faithful Boreans ?

"In the first century, the apostle Paul warned about getting involved in exhausting, time-consuming subjects, such as "genealogies, which end up in nothing, but which furnish questions for research rather than a dispensing of anything by God in connection with faith." (1 Timothy 1:3-7) All Christians should strive to "shun foolish questionings and genealogies and strife and fights over the Law, for they are unprofitable and futile."-Titus 3:9."

The comparison does not even fit. The apostle Paul did not warn against examining the scriptures, in fact he was encouraging an examination of the scriptures instead of these other matters like 'genealogies'. The Watchtower Society is using scripture to support not looking at scripture?

"we recommend that they explore Insight on the Scriptures, "All Scripture Is Inspired of God and Beneficial," and our other publications"

Not surprising, that.

How many JW's still can't see the doors of the Watchtower's prison swinging shut on them I wonder?

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

bump

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

I started a response to Leolaia's post but I will give you what I have so far. Honesty has already mentioned two of the scriptures. I wonder why so many people allow any organization to dictate what they are to believe, what they are allowed to read. Some may not be aware of the censorship but I wonder if for a lot of people it is a security blanket or plain laziness. "I will let someone else do the thinking for me. I don't want to read and research the bible".

This is so foreign to me. I don't automatically believe everything a pastor tells me and a good one will tell you to look into it yourself. If a church or pastor ever told me that they alone had the truth and they talked of censorship I would run like the dickins.

One doesn't need to hide from or be afraid of truth. We may at times go off the path but I do believe that when we ask for guidance from the Holy Spirit, He will direct us. Ultimately what is truth? Jesus is Truth.

Mt. 18:20 For where two or three come together in my name, there I am with them!

Colossians 2:8 See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ.

Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is——his good, pleasing and perfect will.

We need to follow the example of the Bereans and EXAMINE the Scriptures for OURSELVES and not just accept what we are being taught by others without checking things out.

Acts 17:11 Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

We can be assured that Jesus, our Teacher and Wonderful Counsellor, and the Holy Spirit, will teach us, as we remain in HIM and keep in fellowship with His disciples.

I John 2:26 I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray. 27As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit——just as it has taught you, remain in him.

John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth.

2 Cor 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Gal 5:1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

I hope some of this helps.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit