How many ex-JWs world wide alive right now?

by Shawn10538 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

i seem to remember some statistics on this but I'd like to find out how many you all think there are. I remember hearing a statistic that I think came from the WT itself, stating that 70,000 JWs are disfellowshipped every year. So if every Witness that has been disfelloshipped for the last 50 years is still alive, and we say that the average JWs DFd a year is more like 50,000, that's 50,000 x 50 which equals - 2,500,000 ex-JWs. If one third return each year that equals= 1,666,667, no pun on the 6s.

So, does anybody have any other estimates on this. Do you agree or disagree? I'd like to take an average of what everybody on this board thinks that figure should be.

Thanks for playing.

This is not a joke, how dare you!

No, it's just an expression. I don't mean to insinuate that it is actually something to be made fun of, like an actual joke.

You should be more sensitive.

I know, can you forgive me?

I don't know if Jesus' blood is enough to cover you, sorry.

Damn, damned again!

• greendawn
    greendawn

I can't understand the second part of your post it seems totally irrelevant to the first part.

I don't know of any stats I just heard once that there are as many ex dubs in the world as there are dubs. That figure of 70 000 you mention is it global, and for what year? If it's old it may have changed since, I feel a lot more than 70 000 dubs DA or get DFed each year globally.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Thanks for playing.

This is not a joke, how dare you!

No, it's just an expression. I don't mean to insinuate that it is actually something to be made fun of, like an actual joke.

You should be more sensitive.

I know, can you forgive me?

I don't know if Jesus' blood is enough to cover you, sorry.

Damn, damned again!

I'm not sure I am welcome in this conversation you are having with yourself.......

• oompa
    oompa

I recall two or three years ago a DO or CO said that there were 100,000 in the DF'd for immorality, ;and I thought that was a USA number.

I also like the "it's not a numbers game" humor with the debate!

we are a horny lot....oompa

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

gave me a good laugh. I have conversations with myself all the time, but they are seldom as funny as that.

• fresia
    fresia

It was said at a meeting a few months ago that there was around 40,000 that were disfellowshiped or DA or left but the speaker a bethel brother said that around 90% always come back, but that would be over a period of time their coming back I mean.

There has actually been 3million that have left the org over the past 25-30 yrs, six million now and could have been 9million now. My guess is that most were not disfellowshiped for gross sin, many would have left for other obvious reasons.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

90% go back?!??? I don't think so. More like 90% never go back....

Coffee

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    How many ex-JWs world wide alive right now?

6.5 million too few.

And as for the second part of your post - there is such a thing as doing a joke to death, congrats, you managed it

• fedorE
    fedorE

The number of former members of baptized Jehovahs Witnesses disfellowshipped since 1972 is 572, 337. Ok not really but i really like the sound of it.

But really tho i recall that between 30-40,000 were being dfd each yr from about 15-20 yrs ago. So...that s the figure i recall and the only one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit