I Noticed This Was Back

by Old Goat 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

Information on Barbour updated and enlarged is back online. I remain impressed by this research. He seems to remove the material fairly quickly after comments and edits. So now is the time to read it.

Truthhistory.blogspot.com

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Old Goat:

Thanks for the reminder! Appreciate it!

Cheers! Atlantis-

• JCanon
    JCanon

Thanks for this post. It's eerie reading this and thinking about how the Bible Students basically picked up the ball.

"Baxter derived the date from the same source as had Barbour. In a lengthy footnote Baxter points to Bowen’s chronology, saying: "The nativity of Christ was about the year 4128, anno mundi, which added to 1872, makes up the 6000 years." As did most prophetic students of the era, he expected the seventh millennium to correspond to Christ’s millennial rule. Any similarity between Baxter and Barbour is due to same source material. The contention that Barbour borrowed from Baxter is fanciful."

Still, it is interesting how the chronology in the Bible just stands out for some and how much of a common perception there is for all this. I guess some cults are just into the numbers!

Thanks! This was interesting historically an in other ways.

JC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit