Learning to live life as a Christian

by Redwood 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Redwood
    Redwood

Thank you for such loving responses! As I said in my original post...I no longer associate - at all. I do believe in the bible - and get this I picked up a HOLY BIBLE and read it. from front to back. I was amazed to find so many of my beliefs were based on what had been taught to me. However, as I said I am still struggeling with some of the ingrained beliefs.

Reading the bible uncovered the most powerful belief stripping information the first is "He will know us by our works" some translations "our love". The two greatest commands as stated in the NT Love God and Love your nieghbor. NOT go to meetings, don't drink caffine, practice confession, ect. He will know us by the way we love each other (christians) and by the way we love others. Can you imagine what would happen to RELIGION is that was taught? Just a thought.

The next stripping came after some agonizing struggle - but i "caved" and researched the orgin of the JW religion. Although the dates all sounded familiar - I was unaware that they were the foundation of the JW religion (as well as other religions) The HOLY BIBLE clearly - very clearly - states NO ONE KNOWS THE HOUR IN WHICH I AM COMING - ONLY THE FATHER.

HELLO! wow That verse blows a few religions out the way. Would it not be a practice of ?sourcery?diviniation? or just plain ANTICHRIST to believe and then teach that you (as in religion) are as great as GOD and you can unwrap and predict what GOD & JESUS both warn and state is unpredictable! HA. Who needs to be disfellowshipped now?

So the urgency of my new found faith is not based on how many hours I can "get in" rather on how my life can be changed into one that is based on and in love. With my new found faith came another realization - If I do my best to live as Christ lived- as a servant-meek-humble-loving OF ALL - and forgiving (way forgiving) - would I not be a better advocate for GOD and salvation by not fearing worldly people. Christ has chosen me, therefore I need not walk in fear! Let my life be the light of your love Father God. Don't color me stupid- I'm not walking dangerous streets with a belief God will protect me, but I am allowing myself to participate in life. Go to a football game, don't get drunk, be kind and cuteous. Go to the movies and not throw trash on the floor. Return the $5.00 that the bank teller over paid me. Live kind, live honest, live true.

One last comment PLEASE skip the comments on my spelling - I read very well, thank you ministry school, but was denied that higher education, that's where you learn to spell - right?

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Hi Redwood.

Learning to live life as a Christian

Great Topic!!!! It is not just a topic but the means of our survival even after we die.

The two greatest commands as stated in the NT Love God and Love your nieghbor. NOT go to meetings, don't drink caffine, practice confession, ect. He will know us by the way we love each other (christians) and by the way we love others.

Wonderful!!! Love.1 John 4 verses 7 & 8.

The HOLY BIBLE clearly - very clearly - states NO ONE KNOWS THE HOUR IN WHICH I AM COMING - ONLY THE FATHER.
    We are to live each day prepared. It is not about just living each day to the fullest. Yes to do the things we ought to do. No to not do the things we should not do.
    Matthew 24:35-37 (King James Version)
    Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

If I do my best to live as Christ lived- as a servant-meek-humble-loving OF ALL - and forgiving (way forgiving) - would I not be a better advocate for GOD and salvation by not fearing worldly people. Christ has chosen me, therefore I need not walk in fear! Let my life be the light of your love Father God. Don't color me stupid- I'm not walking dangerous streets with a belief God will protect me, but I am allowing myself to participate in life.

People would rather go where everything seems cool, the in-crowd thingy and it's easy to do. It is easy to do wrong things at that moment not realising the outcome. Then in comes the trouble. When we say no to the things that are not christianlike we are better off. We need the Holy Spirit to help us because these are very trying times. When we do the right things in Christ we win in the end. A great reward is waiting for us.

Matthew 7:13-15 (King James Version) Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves It is a learning experience. When we seem to fall, God will pick us up and put us back on track. hibiscusfire

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Welcome to the forum, Redwood.

So the urgency of my new found faith is not based on how many hours I can "get in" rather on how my life can be changed into one that is based on and in love. With my new found faith came another realization - If I do my best to live as Christ lived- as a servant-meek-humble-loving OF ALL - and forgiving (way forgiving) - would I not be a better advocate for GOD and salvation by not fearing worldly people. Christ has chosen me, therefore I need not walk in fear! Let my life be the light of your love Father God. Don't color me stupid- I'm not walking dangerous streets with a belief God will protect me, but I am allowing myself to participate in life. Go to a football game, don't get drunk, be kind and cuteous. Go to the movies and not throw trash on the floor. Return the $5.00 that the bank teller over paid me. Live kind, live honest, live true.

Congratulations, Redwood, on seeing past JW beliefs and opening to a wider sense of love. Are there vaster senses of love still, do you think? Just how far will the path take us if we allow ourselves to let go of limiting ideas and beliefs?

May I suggest that you continue opening to love and into a deeper sense of what truly unites us all -- unconditionally. Like a new blooming flower your words are showing the first colors of a new found freedom in love and acceptance. However, there are yet hues of a division in your words which cuts us all apart into the "saved" and the "worldly"; and so hides from our eyes the true beauty of love which unites us all and the universe as whole.

Keep questioning as you have been. Look past new beliefs, the same as you did the old ones. Eventually look past all beliefs of "self" and "other"; and see if there is truly any real division or fragmentation -- at all.

Glad you joined us. Keep up the good work.

j

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hi Redwood, I would recommend for you to continue reading Hibicusfire's posts and all of the comments other posters make on them. The progression there-forth is usually typical.

Grats on finding your way out of the JW's!

GBL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit